Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an issue with my 06 Tacoma Access Cab 4x4. When I'm driving down the road and pull the emergency brake, the rear wheels lock up, start sliding, and then I hear my antilock brake pump come on but no pulsing of brakes. IS THIS NORMAL????
Another time I hear the pump kick in is when I'm driving down the road at a decent speed, go to slow down, push the brake pedal just a touch, and the antilock brake pump kicks in with no pulsing of brakes

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Now hears the question: when I'm driving down the road and pull the emergency brake, the rear wheels lock up, start sliding, and then I hear my antilock brake pump come on but no pulsing of brakes. IS THIS NORMAL????
The e-brake is not part of the ABS system. When you apply the e-brake at speed it will lock up until you release it. It will not pulse, no matter what. I have never tried doing what you are describing, but maybe the ABS "pump" would still turn on because it senses that wheel is locked up.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Sounds like you have air in the ABS actuator, which could have happened during a brake job (i.e. not using the bleeder valve to push the caliper piston back in) or from a line break.

Look for line breaks and repair any broken/leaking lines. Bleed the system.

If that doesn't help, replace the ABS actuator.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts