Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my Tundra on March 17, yesterday I went back to the dealership to check on the status of my vehicle and I was not very comfortable with the answer that I was given. The sales manager brought me a form that lists the status of my vehicle as complete however; there was no interim vin number or any vin number for that point. Is this normal?:cool:
Thanks for any help with this one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Same question as caseyandlisa.

When I put down deposit and initialed some paperwork the vin did not appear anywhere? How do they 'mark' the incoming truck as purchased?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts

When I put down deposit and initialed some paperwork the vin did not appear anywhere? How do they 'mark' the incoming truck as purchased?
first of all, there are many different ways of so called ordering a vehicle

the original poster had his truck special ordered. even though his truck order was accepted , it hasnt been assigned a build production week yet or been allocated to the dealership. That may take months. No vin or even a temp vin will be assigned until the truck is allocated

if a dealer is trading for the truck from another store, then you will have a temp or perm vin number

if the dealer is selling you an incoming truck, then you will have a temp or perm vin number

if the dealer is changing a truck to make it come in the way you want it do, then you will have a temp or perm vin number

If the dealer is taking your money and praying that he gets a truck for you, then you get nothing.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts

if there actually is a real truck, all they do is click a button and type in your name, it is very easy to show a truck is presold

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for your info SFTundraMan.

I do have a temp vin. Apparently it is a portion of the actual vin. I was just a little confused because the vin was not listed on the temporary contract that I signed when I put the deposit down. I realize now that is because they do not have the complete vin but only the temp.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Thanks for your info SFTundraMan.

I do have a temp vin. Apparently it is a portion of the actual vin. I was just a little confused because the vin was not listed on the temporary contract that I signed when I put the deposit down. I realize now that is because they do not have the complete vin but only the temp.

Thanks again.
true, fyi, a contract with no vin isnt a contract

1 - 7 of 7 Posts