Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2009 Tundra doublecab I bought new almost a year ago. It came with two keyless entry remotes. One I used up until about a week ago, when my 1 year old hid it somewhere and I can't find it for the life of me. So, I broke out the other one- and it doesn't work. I thought it may be the battery, so I replaced it. No go.

I've reprogrammed remotes in the past, so I tried the programyourremote website instructions, and I can't get the truck to enter programming mode. Fail.

The dealership I bought the truck from is an hour away, and I don't want to go there unless I have to. I went to a closer toyota dealer, and they told me they could fix it... for $50.

Does anyone have the programming instructions for the 2009 doublecab? I've searched the site and haven't found anything. I guess the other thing may be that the remote is bad...I'll try that as a last resort.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I've got a 2009 Tundra doublecab I bought new almost a year ago. It came with two keyless entry remotes. One I used up until about a week ago, when my 1 year old hid it somewhere and I can't find it for the life of me. So, I broke out the other one- and it doesn't work. I thought it may be the battery, so I replaced it. No go.

I've reprogrammed remotes in the past, so I tried the programyourremote website instructions, and I can't get the truck to enter programming mode. Fail.

The dealership I bought the truck from is an hour away, and I don't want to go there unless I have to. I went to a closer toyota dealer, and they told me they could fix it... for $50.

Does anyone have the programming instructions for the 2009 doublecab? I've searched the site and haven't found anything. I guess the other thing may be that the remote is bad...I'll try that as a last resort.

dealer gave you 2 remotes and only 1 worked? $50 my azz - they should warrant that. I've got a sim issue with my 08. My daily fob just up and quit...new battery, no go. They'll warrant it if you politely push it I bet.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
I know it's not the answer you're looking for but, I agree with the last poster that if one remote doen't work they should warranty it. I can't see how they would charge you for it, however, I wouldn't tell them about trying to reprogram it. Just act dumb and say it never worked but you havn't needed it so you haven't come in to have it fixed until now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts