Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own 2004 Access Cab 4wd Tundra w/Tow Package and need a Brake Controller. I have no experience with them but one place I went wants to charge 120$ to sell me one and install 4 wires into the brake control connector by the driver's door. I looked at Northern and saw 3 Different Controllers:
1)Brake Force Electronic Brake Control w/single adjustment wheel. $49.99
2)Digital Electronic Brake Control with single adjustment wheel/digital display showing power in 5% increments. $49 on sale was $70.
3)Heavy duty Electronic Brake Controller/ solid state with a thumb control for full adjustability. 88$
Is there any difference between brake controllers?
What should I look for?
Your thoughts and observations are greatly appreciated.

·
Ever the explorer
2,391 Posts
I own 2004 Access Cab 4wd Tundra w/Tow Package and need a Brake Controller. I have no experience with them but one place I went wants to charge 120$ to sell me one and install 4 wires into the brake control connector by the driver's door. I looked at Northern and saw 3 Different Controllers:
1)Brake Force Electronic Brake Control w/single adjustment wheel. $49.99
2)Digital Electronic Brake Control with single adjustment wheel/digital display showing power in 5% increments. $49 on sale was $70.
3)Heavy duty Electronic Brake Controller/ solid state with a thumb control for full adjustability. 88$
Is there any difference between brake controllers?
What should I look for?
Your thoughts and observations are greatly appreciated.

The moderators will move this post over into towing where it belongs.
Have you searched? this topic is about as bad as fuel mileage on multiple posts.
No use starting another thread on this topic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts