Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To start, 2010 Tundra DC 4.6L V8

A few days ago i went to get into my truck and couldn't move it. The engine started but the shift lock was engaged and every warning light on the guage cluster was on. I called toyota and they said they wouldnt be able to have it looked at for a few days. i had to go to work the next day so i did my own repairs. I finally traced the problem to a couple bad 7.5 amp fuses and now my truck is running just fine.

So now that my truck is moving i have discovered one more problem, and after looking around for awhile i have been unable to locate the problem. When i am driving and turn my head lights on, everything dims as it should, but my clock and temp completely dissappear. So when my lights are on i cannot see what time it is. Any help with this would be appriciated. I looked at all the fuses i could see possibly pertaining to the problem and didnt see anymore bad fuses. Maybe im overlooking another fuse? Maybe another issue entirely?

Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Those displays are ALWAYS too dim, but normally not bad enough that you can't see them. Where do you have the dimmer set??:cool:
Any way you look at it, you need to make the dealer take care of this. If they won't then place a call to Toyota corporate.:mad:

·
Registered
819 Posts
Take it to the dealer! Should have bought a 5.7, they are built better.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im sure they will take care of it, but the dealership here is currently moving and not taking appointments until next week. I was thinking someone else had this problem and if it was something small i wouldnt have to waste my time taking it in.

And yes, the 5.7 wouldve been nice, but i love the gas mileage im getting with this 4.6.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Im sure they will take care of it, but the dealership here is currently moving and not taking appointments until next week. I was thinking someone else had this problem and if it was something small i wouldnt have to waste my time taking it in.

And yes, the 5.7 wouldve been nice, but i love the gas mileage im getting with this 4.6.
Have you been doing electrical work on the vehicle lately, like installing any type of electronic or electrical accesories??

Sounds like its the old gauge cluster relay that is smoked. You will need a new, odometer pre programed insturment panel. The clock is not the problem its the electronics in the gauge cluster, meaning speedo tach cluster. $700-800 part if you broke it. The "I did my own repairs" part has me worried.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The only "repairs" i did, were to replace some blown fuses. If this classifies as electrical "work" then they shouldnt put the directions and diagrams in the owners manual.

My truck was undrivable and they wouldnt look at it for a week. So like i said if replacing a blown fuse to make my truck drivable is looked at as a possible cause of this problem, i believe ill be calling corporate.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
The only "repairs" i did, were to replace some blown fuses. If this classifies as electrical "work" then they shouldnt put the directions and diagrams in the owners manual.

My truck was undrivable and they wouldnt look at it for a week. So like i said if replacing a blown fuse to make my truck drivable is looked at as a possible cause of this problem, i believe ill be calling corporate.
save the story for corprate, they are the ones who have to buy it, not me. Im sure they will take care of you, but Very odd the dealer would not do anything for a week, for a 2010 owner whos truck will not run???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts