Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just got an new set of Polk DB6750 (front) and DB675 (rear) speakers for my 2k access cab. The rear door speakers went in with no problems but of course I am having problems mounting the front speakers.

Can anyone give me some advice on mounting the speakers using the existing baffle h/w with a modification or is their something I can get aftermarket.

Any advice or pictures would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
jcs

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
I think you might need a spacer for the speaker. I know some brand speakers come with them. My alpines did.

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
You arent very descriptive of the problem. Are you having trouble mounting them b/c of depth or diameter?

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The factory plastic speaker housing will not allow the speakers to go all the way in. There is approx. a 1/3 inch gap without the speaker completely in the housing.

I modified the window track unit to compensate for the dept. but my main problem the diameter of the plastic housing not allowing the speaker to go completely down.

Thanks
jcs

·
Forum Admin
8,265 Posts
if the diameter is too small, modifications must be made. either drill out new holes and use a fastener for the screws, or cut out some metal for a larger diameter.

if the diameter is too large, use some extender fasteners. you'll need some extra screws, but it's a cheap fix. home depot or lowes sells that type of thing. radio shack last resort.

if the depth is an issue, too shallow, cut out the back of the water guard or baffle. you won't notice it's gone. chilton manuals do it in their example. good luck to you.

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
Honestly, I would just go for a MDF ring instead of the oem plastic. Much better seal to the door and alot better mid-bass.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have seen the MDF mentioned in other post and please excuse me for being stupid, but what is the "MDF ring" and where can I get it from?

Thanks a much
jcs

·
Registered
80 Posts
MDF = medium density fiberboard. You can buy it at Home Depot, Lowes etc... If your handy with a jig saw you can make your own ring. Or you can check out the ring that Elemental Designs makes for the Scion TC, that should work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts