Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're in the market for an used SUV...and have narrowed down our choices to the Highlander.

I'm just wondering, how long do Highlanders last (mileage-wise)? We're looking at Highlanders from 2004 up and with at most 55k miles. Should we loosen our standard a little? I mean, if it lasts 300k+ miles, I wouldn't mind considering one with 90k miles.

Also, just out of curiosity, let's say if the asking price is $18k, in general, what would your first offer be?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
296 Posts
I would also only consider 04 and up, unless you're getting a good deal and have maintenance records if it's a V6. I imagine in Atlanta with little rust a Highlander should easily do 200,000 miles plus. Some things, like the timing belt on the V6's, need to be replaced at 100,000 miles, and things like a coolant and transmission fluid, spark plugs as well. So there would be a bit more expense at about that mileage.

I guess yes, I would maybe look for something with a few more miles. Just like most cars the drivetrain will outlive the chassis if properly maintained.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts