Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Intalled an amp and speakers, and it sounds great, and the display works until I turn on my headlights ALL the lights go out on the stock HU, along with the display
They come on for a fraction of a second when the headlight switch is turned on, then they go out (the lights for the dials and buttons) and the display goes out as well.

I think I installed the orange/white wire correctly, and left a blue wire unconnected (antennae if memory serves me). Any suggestions? I would like to have some ideas before I pull the HU again. (I removed the cover by the clock display to see if could address the problem from there but it is too tight to work.)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, I'll reply to myself:
I reached down through the dash opening (after removing cover by the clock) and pulled the orange wires apart.
Now the dash lights on the HU are completely out, but the display shows all the time. I would really like to get this straightened out.
Any thoughs why my HU dash lights would flash on for a second, then go out along with the display when the headlights are turned on?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I used two harnesses, one a reverse harness to get access to the speaker leads without cutting.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Are you sure the unit is good? Can you pull both harnesses and connect it directly again and NOT have the problem?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I used two harnesses, one a reverse harness to get access to the speaker leads without cutting.
I used the same method. No cutting, but lots of connections!

The unit is my stock 2010 Head unit, so I am going to assume it is not the unit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts