Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i just traded my 2004 dodge ram hemi quad cab 4x4 in today on a 2007 Tundra DC limited 4x4 5.7. Everything on the truck is just what i want but it has the basic looking stock 18's and i want the factory 20's instead. He said from the factory it is a $736 option but at the dealership its about $1200. I really like the wheels but $1200? I paid $1700 for my 18inch eagle alloy rims and 35/13.50 nitto tires!!! Is there anyway i can get around this because these wheels make the truck look odd. I would be willing to buy any for a reasonable price if someone has a set on the east coast...thanks ;)

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I'm sure you will be able to find someone who will sell you their 20's for a good price so that they can get the carved alloy wheels. You can't get them on a CrewMax, apparently - or that's what my salesperson said.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The carved or the factory 20's? I saw a limited crewmax today with the factory 20's but is was presold. I would really like to get the factory 20's. I plan on changing out the wheels and tires by the end of the summer but until then i gotta ride in style...;)

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I'm saying that you will find someone who bought the factory 20's and wants to sell them to you so that he can get the carved 20's. I would do it in a minute. I'll be getting the Crewmax Limited 20's here in Austin soon so if you are driving out West sometime, you are welcome to stop by to pick them up at a steal and I'll get the carved 20's. :tu:

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How much would you want for them?

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah thats a little much without tires if ya ask me...$736 from the factory with tires and everything

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
700 sounds good. That's what I'm talking about. I'm sure you will find someone on this forum within an hour of you that will sell you their brand new alloy 20's sometime soon. Someone like me who wanted the carved wheels and were told we would have to buy them from a dealer later on.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When you get the crew max tell me how you liked it. I looked at getting one for a few months but my dad is about to get a white crew max limited and we have a Dodge mega cab so i just decided to get a DC...feels a little faster then the crewmax but not like that matters....just wish i could get that power window in the DC.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I'm sure you will be able to find someone who will sell you their 20's for a good price so that they can get the carved alloy wheels. You can't get them on a CrewMax, apparently - or that's what my salesperson said.
you can not get the carved wheels from the factory, only as an accessory wheel. meaning the truck will leave the factory with wheels on it and then at the port or your dealership they will change the wheels out for the carved wheels. So yes your salesman is telling you the truth.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts