Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched... and I searched... but I didn't find what I was looking for.

I'm wanting some 18 inch rims, but I don't want to lift, level, or put flares on my truck. Not having the rims stick out past the body is VERY important to me. I'd prefer the stock size... but haven't found that yet.

I found a set I really like, they are Vision Warriors 18x8.5" with a +25 offset.

From what I understand, my stock rims are +60 offset. So my question is, how far out will these rims be? Are they going to stick out past the body? I've done some reading on offset, but I think I read so much I confused myself!

I appreciate anyones help! If you have pictures of different offsets on your Tundra please post them. Reputation will be given for all help. ;)

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'm not sure what the stock offset is but I dont think its +60. I do however know that my wheels are 8.5" and have the +25 offset and they stick out mabye a hlaf inch. Check out my profile for pics, but there not bad at all. Those A/M wheels should fit perfect as long as you go with a good tire size.

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
1 inch = 2.54cm, or 25.4mm.... so, you're looking at a 35mm difference, or about 1.2" inches or so. Not sure if that means it'll stick out 1.2" inches, or if it'll be split down the middle, and have 5/8" stick out on each side ???

Why don't you just use the stock TRD 18" rims; they're 18x8, you can find them for cheap, and they have the non-offset that you're apparently looking for.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 inch = 2.54cm, or 25.4mm.... so, you're looking at a 35mm difference, or about 1.2" inches or so. Not sure if that means it'll stick out 1.2" inches, or if it'll be split down the middle, and have 5/8" stick out on each side ???
Thats what I'm trying to figure out...

Why don't you just use the stock TRD 18" rims; they're 18x8, you can find them for cheap, and they have the non-offset that you're apparently looking for.
I've already got them (mine's a TRD). And they are fugly! :D

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not sure what the stock offset is but I dont think its +60. I do however know that my wheels are 8.5" and have the +25 offset and they stick out mabye a hlaf inch. Check out my profile for pics, but there not bad at all. Those A/M wheels should fit perfect as long as you go with a good tire size.

Thanks. I've only got 9700 miles on it, so I'm going to reuse my stock BFG's.

Your rims look good, they don't appear to stick out that much.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have 20x9 rims and my offset is 25mm and they stick out about 3/4 to 1 inch

Stick out from the body or stick out from the OEM rim?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
from the body/wheel wells

Thanks for the pic! It looks good, but I'm afraid my paint won't look so good from the gravel roads we have around here.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Heres some info I found on the stock wheels elsewhere on this site.

Stock wheel is 18 x 8"
Bolt Pattern is 5 x 150mm
Offset is 60mm , (most aftermarket are 30mm, meaning wheel will be to outside 30mm, approx 1" more then stock)
Lug Nuts are 14 x 1.5
Hub Bore is 110

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the help guys.

Maybe a better question to ask is, Who makes a rim with the exact size (and offset) as the stock rims?

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Thanks for the help guys.

Maybe a better question to ask is, Who makes a rim with the exact size (and offset) as the stock rims?
I've seen comments showing both +60 and +65 offset on stock rims... both may be correct (depending on which stock rim; regular, TRD, or steel), but for the purpose being used here, just go with +60. I haven't seen any after-market rims with the same stock setting. My guess is that because the after-market rims tend to be wider, they're going to push them out a bit because they may be assuming that you're getting a wider/taller tire and that you'll need more stability... just a guess though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
To my knowledge, I have a CM 4x4 base model. The wheels are 18x8 and the offset is +60 with the 255/70/18 tires. I'm currently doing the exact opposite and I'm trying to get the tire to stick out and I'm getting tires that are 285/65/18 with new MB TKO wheels that are a +25 offset and I know they'll stick out, I'm just wondering if they're going to rub on the stock suspension. If I could get any input on that, I'd be grateful.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have 18x9s on 295-65-18s with 0 offset on bilstein 5100 s and they stick out an inch. No rubbing issues. I think it looks good but I do occasionally kick a rock up into my nerf bars.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You have no rub because of the 5100 leveling kit. I don't have that and I'm not sure I want to put it on because I don't want to deal with it at the dealer. I still have the warranty until 25k miles. I'm at 4.9k now. I was hoping there wasn't going to be any rub on stock suspension.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts