Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK crazy idea, and i know alot of you will say it cant be done or thats to extream blah blah blah what ever just an idea and if i had the money i would hands down do it but i dont so plz someone ele do it.

OK so after whatching vidoes on youtube of 1300hp supras can some one please put this motor in to one of your trucks there is tons of room in our engine bay for one of these sh** you might be able to fit 2 but lets work on one first HERE IS OUR SUPER TRUCK.. :tu: Little custom fabing and were good to go, ok alot new rear new drive shaft and new motor mount oh yea and mountinig the trans in a spot were you can still shift from. Motor mount should be the easy part though.

·
Registered
96 Posts
OK crazy idea, and i know alot of you will say it cant be done or thats to extream blah blah blah what ever just an idea and if i had the money i would hands down do it but i dont so plz someone ele do it.

OK so after whatching vidoes on youtube of 1300hp supras can some one please put this motor in to one of your trucks there is tons of room in our engine bay for one of these sh** you might be able to fit 2 but lets work on one first HERE IS OUR SUPER TRUCK.. :tu: Little custom fabing and were good to go, ok alot new rear new drive shaft and new motor mount oh yea and mountinig the trans in a spot were you can still shift from. Motor mount should be the easy part though.
The 2JZ-GTE is a wonderful engine, but it's a terrible choice for a swap into a 2nd Generation Tundra. The stock 5.7L is a way better powerhouse to build on for a heavy truck.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I def do agree with you but there is NOTHING at all out there that will get us even close to 800hp let alone 1300hp, It would be in intence swap but if you want to be a true king of the road we atleast allready have the motor for it and willnt be bash for useing a ford or cheve motor All toyota boyyyy....

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have a 1300cc motorcycle that made 595whp (note my signature) and detuned it for the race car to 440hp (and I could do two runs at 700+hp...but doubt there would be much left of the motor afterwords).
The 2jz and RB are IMO the two of the best engines ever built for HP per CI.
People have got over 1000HP on the 2jz stock crank.

I am currently in pre development of a streamliner project based around the 2jzgte to target 350+ mph.

Just for prospective if the 5.7 tundra motor made the same as what is capable from the 2jz motor it would be well into 2500 WHP.

All this being said I think it would be much cooler to do an 'old school' Toyota mini truck....maybe an 85ish with the 2jzgte motor and feel it would be a much better match.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a 1300cc motorcycle that made 595whp (note my signature) and detuned it for the race car to 440hp (and I could do two runs at 700+hp...but doubt there would be much left of the motor afterwords).
The 2jz and RB are IMO the two of the best engines ever built for HP per CI.
People have got over 1000HP on the 2jz stock crank.

I am currently in pre development of a streamliner project based around the 2jzgte to target 350+ mph.

Just for prospective if the 5.7 tundra motor made the same as what is capable from the 2jz motor it would be well into 2500 WHP.

All this being said I think it would be much cooler to do an 'old school' Toyota mini truck....maybe an 85ish with the 2jzgte motor and feel it would be a much better match.

Much respect to you thats insane. Sh** if it could make 2500np we would all be dead but happy as hell. the thing that suck for us no one hase even cracked the ecu let alone makeing some really har core after maket stuff for it. I do like the idea of useing an older toyo mini truck ,it would just be sick to see it in a 2nd gen though.

·
Preferred Dealer
1,170 Posts
My ramblings... if you really want a Toyota inline six in there, a built Toyota 4.5L 1FZ-FE would be a better choice. Essentially, it is a larger version of the 2JZ.... and it has enough displacement to produce torque off boost and actually push the Tundra around. It came in the 93 - 97 Land Cruisers here in the states.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any idea what are the biges numbers someone made with it? drive shaft would be a close fit also.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK thats just insane i would love to see some one have enough money and the balls to do that to a true tundra, not just a fram and fiberglass shell. I wasnt thinking that much power mabey like 700 to 900 hp and and plz rember ths is just a crazy idea i hope someone does. Or mabey 4 years from now i will.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Toyota 1FZ Land Cruiser Engine Program 1,800HP+
I am very familiar with the Duttweiler engines and have had experience with the Hellfire 3.0 making 1300+hp.

Ron Main is an old friend of our team and I have nothing but good things to say about him and their program.
Speed Demon Race Car - George Poteet and Ron Main Land Speed Racing
I will say however it was quite an experience to be near the Speed Demon when the transmission failed.
It sounded like a low boom that could be heard for miles.

Neat stuff.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i would love to be involed in projects like this i dont know how you 2 do it. i will be goiing back to collage for civil eng in 2 weeks mabey that will get me closer to toying around with amazing things like this.Man am jelous the olnt things ive built was my super chagrged mustangand then helped my buddy with his Vw jetta on a stock VR6 block we made 436hp

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
i would love to be involed in projects like this i dont know how you 2 do it. i will be goiing back to collage for civil eng in 2 weeks mabey that will get me closer to toying around with amazing things like this.Man am jelous the olnt things ive built was my super chagrged mustangand then helped my buddy with his Vw jetta on a stock VR6 block we made 436hp
Take some English classes as well :eek:

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dont worrier i have to , sorry some of us arent perfect. Hope it made you feel better about yourself though.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LOL That might just be a bit to much, but hey if anyone dares to go for it good for them. Hope my English was good enough for you JMSinMD.

·
Registered
401 Posts
LOL That might just be a bit to much, but hey if anyone dares to go for it good for them. Hope my English was good enough for you JMSinMD.
I have no dog in this fight however; people will take you much more serious when you spell and use grammar correctly.

Back on topic: Torque gets you down the track... or for some around here... the street with other cars on it. This is a heavy truck and it needs all the help it can get. If you put the same amount of money into the 5.7 as some guys do the 2JZ, it would be a monster anyway...

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
^ very true i was in a rushing out the door when i wrote that one he was talking about, I am pretty sure if you read the top most of it is correct. Iam def sure you could but stilll the same problem keeps comeing up theres no way to adjust the programing for this truck. Inless you do a compleat standalone system. I know i have olny wired one up it was for a VR6 motor and that was a major job and took all weekend.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Single Turbo Toyota Tundra check this sick build out, looks like the 4.7 can make serious power if you dump so mayor money into it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Here's a link to a Very Nice mid-90s 4 Runner with the 2jzgte..

http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=533543&highlight=2jz

I'd have to agree with using the landcruiser's inline 6 with more displacement, for a truck application.. For drive-ability reasons.

The 2jzgte in a Supra is disappointing until 3000 rpms, can't imagine it being in a 5-6k pound truck!

If you're looking for all out speed.. Then hell yes, 2j all the way. It's proven itself many many times

1 - 20 of 23 Posts