Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Beer Me
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i havent been on in ages due to me joining the army and all, but im in the process of becoming a future EOD tech, training for this is no joke its hard as hell.

but back on subject, im effin tired of my tires rubbing on my fenders, i have the lame tuff country lift, with 305 / 70 / 16s, i wanna put reservoir shocks in the rear cause i need new ones anyways, any ideas for upfront for me to clear those damn tires and still be lifted more than 3 inches? i saw someone stack some aftermarket coilovers on top of the spacer for the tough country lift.... i know i know, its not the best setup but im lookin for some reasonably cheap fixes for now till i can put an rcd 6" on my baby...

thanks guys

oh and i also got my system pretty much done, ill post pics in a bit of my door panels, the system sounds absolutely incredible with just a 6 tweet up front mainly due to the fact that im using zapco competition speakers and zapco DC reference amps but it did take me a year and a half to get it to where it is now....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey, I'm a long time lurker, first time poster, but I'd just like to say thanks for your service.:usa1:

I'll also throw out another thanks to all who generously share their knowledge here. I'm a rookie DIY'er, but you folks are invaluable.

BTW...2000 Tundra AC TRD w/ 130K. (Going in Friday for the frame rust inspection)

·
Beer Me
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ill let ya know when i get rid of it, but for the interior it took a sawzall and an airsaw to fit the mids then built a fiberglass/plywood baffle the size of a 5x7 to fill the hole and spacing the window track, and for ya'll sq guys out there my mids are crossed over at 55 hz...

and its my pleasure to serve, anyways i get to blow stuff up and get paid for it haha.

·
Registered
45 Posts
That's strange that you tires rub, what size and offset are the rims? My tires are a little smaller than yours 285/16 and they don't rub with the Camburg coilovers at 2.5 of lift but my rims are off set at 4". You could try throwing some wheel spacers on it for only like $90.

·
Beer Me
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if i put wheel spacers on they would rub even more, they rub when the wheels are turned and the suspension compresses, im pretty sure they are offset at 4''

1 - 8 of 8 Posts