Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, I went to the 1/4 drag strip with the 02 Tundra V8 and got what i expected. I wanted a 16.5 at around high 80 low 90 trap speed, but this is fine for now. The mods I had at the time was just a ebay short air intake. 3/4 gas, i forgot to take out the spare(d'oh!), and i also had a "decent" launch. My Tundra is only rear-wheel drive and has no ABS which is pretty sweet.....in summer, but winter sucks ***. just wondering what the average Tundra on the forums here get in the 1/4. I'm number 84

·
Registered
506 Posts
found my post when I ran. Also keep in mind the altitude where you live make and model of truck and the weather.

weather at the track somewhere around the mid 50s.

60ft- 2.35

1/8th- 10.04

mph- 70.04

1/4- 15.64

mph 87.26

I have a 2006 base model SR5 double cab with the 16s and 245s on it. Truck is completely stock with 1900 miles.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
damn...those are some nice times you guys got...or else i just dont know how to launch it. it was a mid 60 degree ferenhiet(spl?) on that day. it was around the Eau Claire, Wisonsin area so i am not so sure about altitude. how do you guys get such good times??!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I believe there was one member here with an 05 VVti 2WD AC that was getting 14.90 in the quarter.:)
holy crap...high 14s?!!! is amazing. what do you guys get with the vvti?? i want vvti now. well...damn...im slow compared to you guys!

·
Registered
984 Posts
a few mods and ur right up there. before my tires, i was about a truck faster than my friends 05 acces cab. now we're about even.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
a few mods and ur right up there. before my tires, i was about a truck faster than my friends 05 acces cab. now we're about even.
how do you guys luanch it? because the way i "luanched" it was just right below 2000 rpm mark. i'm planning to get the whole y-pipe and exhaust system later this year for it, hopefully there is a big difference when i do it.
oh, the VVT-i is Variable Valve Timing- Intelligence (we should have gotten it with VVTL-i)..lol...

·
Registered
96 Posts
i have an 05 single cab with the 4.7 that i ran in the 1/8 mile at 9.43 and this was in houston at a temp. around mid 50s. so i am wondering what i can run in the 1/4

·
Registered
96 Posts
i figured id run high 14s guess i will have to find out one day
i just keep my foot on the break and had it reved to like 2000-2500 rpms to lanch it

1 - 17 of 17 Posts