Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to take second to introduce myself and the company I work for. I am a die hard gear head, NOT a salesman, so I am here to help with any questions you may have. I have been using Air Lift products for many years on my personal vehicles, so I know them inside and out.

At Air Lift Company, we know safety and comfort are your top priorities when you tow or haul. That’s why we’ve been developing dependable air spring suspension products since our inception in 1949.

Air Lift load support products are sold worldwide and are engineered to fit over 543 vehicles.

Our extensive product line offers air helper springs for trucks, RVs, SUVs, CUVs and vans, and the most technologically advanced on-board air compressor systems for on-the-go air spring control.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Welcome, and your timing couldn't be better! I'm in the middle of an install of your Auto-level kit. The instructions say it is "preferable" to mount the magnetic sensor in front of the axle. However On our Tundras it looks like the only reasonable place to mount it is behind the axle.

So my question is, why is it preferable to mount it in front of the axle, and what are the ramifications if I don't?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome, and your timing couldn't be better! I'm in the middle of an install of your Auto-level kit. The instructions say it is "preferable" to mount the magnetic sensor in front of the axle. However On our Tundras it looks like the only reasonable place to mount it is behind the axle.

So my question is, why is it preferable to mount it in front of the axle, and what are the ramifications if I don't?

Thanks in advance.
I really apologize, I was involved in a car accident and was trying to work part time. For some reason I did not get a notification on this thread! Please let me know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I purchased the 1000's sometime ago but have not put them on my 2006 yet. However, when I put them up just sizing them it doesn't look like they'll fit. When I put the truck up and take the wheel off I assume they will fit then? Plus, there are a few lines that run inside the frame so drilling the holes is going to be a trick.

I may decide to put a truck camper on the truck. Will the 1000's be sufficient?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I purchased the 1000's sometime ago but have not put them on my 2006 yet. However, when I put them up just sizing them it doesn't look like they'll fit. When I put the truck up and take the wheel off I assume they will fit then? Plus, there are a few lines that run inside the frame so drilling the holes is going to be a trick.

I may decide to put a truck camper on the truck. Will the 1000's be sufficient?
Anyway you can get me the part number of the Air Lift 1000 kit you have? I want to make sure you have the correct part number. The 1000's should be sufficient, do you have any idea how much it may weigh?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts