Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello there...
well let me start by introducing myself...am from dubai..have had several fast cars that i have built...and my two latest cars are a 460whp Evolution IX RS and a 530whp Evolution IX GSR...both very low 11's/high 10's street cars in street trims...anyhow..now moved to a whole different world and bought myself a Regular Cab Short Bed 2010 5.7L Tundra in pyrite color..now here is the catch...the car is a canadian spec vehicle...and i was wondering if the TRD supercharger and its flash will work on this car?? i cant think of any reason why it shouldnt just wanna make sure before i invest $5500
last but not lease...lets say i order the kit from trdsparks.com (am all for supporting forum vendors hahaha)...will the kit come with the CD that has the flashing software as well as the trd specific SC map??
thanks for the help in advance..

here are some candy pics for you to enjoy:p

this is from my magazine feature: ~460whp/400wtrq

530whp:

(click on the link coz the pics wont copy: 4WStuning.com - 4 Wheel Slide Tuning

and finally the newest addition..: (sorry about the camera phone pic)

·
Preferred Dealer
1,170 Posts
Welcome! It's labor day weekend over here... lot's of folks are probably off enjoying it (and not on here). There are many on here like yourself... many still have their fun cars too. You will enjoy the Tundra, while it will never handle like those cars, it is impressive on its own and will give many sports cars a hard time.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
From what I have read here, the flash is done at a toyota dealership. One enterprising individual from Canada had a dealer in the US flash his for him and then sent it back. This was before the supercharger was released in Canada. So it can certainly be done....

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
the kit is all available in canada now. so there is no reason for it not to work. but as cliff said, the only problem you might run into, is getting the flash done. since you need the dealer tech computer for that. but worst case, you just mail your ECM away to have it flashed.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys!! i managed to find a trd dealer here in the UAE but unfortunately he did not receive the 2009/2010 flash...
let me tell you i am emjoying every second in the tundra..its so nice to drive so high!!

i have a 2008 GMC Sierra 5.3 vortec reg.cabin last year and i sold it after a 8 months due to bad build quality and a very uncomfortable ride.
the tundra is 10 times nicer in every category..i am glad i bought this truck..

on order so far are the following:
- TRD SC
- Doug Thorely manifolds
- 18x9 TE37 Volks in bronze and a set of 285 michilens (for the soft sand of arabia)

when i get access to my old pc i will post pics from back in 2002-2005 of my ex sand toys...2 nicely built TJs.

thanks for the welcome again..and props for a great forum..

ps GUTZ...you truck is sickingly sick!! ;)

respeKt

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Good choice on the DT shorties, I was one of the first to buy them/install myself and there is a definite increase from the 0-3k range. The better the exhaust flows the more efficient the SC will be so think about an exhaust! I am biased to Borla but there are a lot of choices out there, the only 1 I did not like was the Magnaflow SISO which droned horribly.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Welcome from South St. Louis! +1 on the Borla. I would love to get some headers for sure. Great luck with the supercharger; I sure would love to get one.............

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks guys!!

ooh i forgot to mention...the above mentioned parts are on order..however here is what is being/will be installed within a week:

tonneau cover
custom catback exhaust
KING coil overs (trying to locate them localy)

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Welcome from central Texas!! Man I've been to your part of the world a few times, Dubai is crazy to drive in ha, definately need that 5.7, have fun

·
No Really, I swear, I'm Done..
3,091 Posts
Welcome.

I remember reading from another Dubai resident that the TRD flash was not available and there were other locals that were utilizing the Unichip and having a local tuner tune the Unichip to compensate for the reflash.

I did also confirm this information from Jack Friedman at Unichip.

Not sure if this is still the case but, something to look into none-the-less...

Good luck!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Welcome.

I remember reading from another Dubai resident that the TRD flash was not available and there were other locals that were utilizing the Unichip and having a local tuner tune the Unichip to compensate for the reflash.

I did also confirm this information from Jack Friedman at Unichip.

Not sure if this is still the case but, something to look into none-the-less...

Good luck!!!
as a matter of fact the guys here opt to go unichip for one of the two following reasons.
either for a more custom tune only after their ecu is base flashed from a trd dealer or for the 2009 and 2010 tundra's that did not have the flash available.

and thanks everyone else for the welcome.

·
Registered
246 Posts
welcome from MD!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
as a matter of fact the guys here opt to go unichip for one of the two following reasons.
either for a more custom tune only after their ecu is base flashed from a trd dealer or for the 2009 and 2010 tundra's that did not have the flash available.

and thanks everyone else for the welcome.

just in case youre not aware, the 09,10 flash is available now. trdsparks, posted a thread here about it. hope you get your flash figured out.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts