Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok before I get flamed from everyone ..Save it, i've heard it for the last 2 days lol
Ok here is my deal , we are going in today to get her a matrix xr or a highlander we dunno yet.. The last couple days ive been driving my brand new tundra (see signature) .. Its a lease 36 month .. My intentions were to get a better towing vehicle than my 06 tundra for a toyhauler. I wanted a 4x4 Dc SR5 ..Basic stuff.. But when I saw the 22" momos and color I said ahh "ill take that one" he said its 4x2 " I said thats ok I like the look" So now 5 days later 220 miles on the truck im scared to drive through a puddle lol I avoid them, I am a professional motocross photographer where I tow a trailer 4 days a week to dirt pits.. Ya the 22" moms can deal with dirt, mud fine but me being a clean freak (Marine DI) lol I can't deal with the rims getting dirty especially since i leased it and have to trade it in for the tundra Diesel when it comes out. If i keep it no biggie the trucks is great but if im in it for 3 years I think basic 4x4 will be easier on my heart (health) hehe

Thanks for any nice responses lol This is a great forum
So how bad am I gonna take by trading it in?

·
Premium Member
13,116 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Hard to give a number with any precision but it will not be pretty. While your mileage is minimal, the vehicle has already been registered thus making it now a used vehicle.....Best bet is to touch base with the dealership and see what they have to say...Check to see if your state has any cooling off periods given that the vehicle is less than a week old....good luck....

·
Registered
848 Posts
i have thought about this too because i was thinking about trading my dc limited to get a crewmax limited but i know there is no way they would make it fair enough for me to do so... so i will just keep my truck till the diesel comes out

·
Registered
210 Posts
If it's even possible to turn in a lease 33 months early, the terms and conditions should be in your paperwork. I would talk to Toyota and then negotiate with several dealers stating your situation. I would have to think, without knowing numbers or terms, that you would at least be looking at $3-4K. I know Nissan has a "lease for life" program where you can trade six months early, without paying the lease money down. I personally don't think it would be worth it right know. You will lose all the money down as well. You could check out or post on LeaseTrader.com - Auto Leasing - Lease Assumption - Short Term Leases and be willing to put some money down up front to someone willing to take the lease off your hands. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
If it's even possible to turn in a lease 33 months early, the terms and conditions should be in your paperwork. I would talk to Toyota and then negotiate with several dealers stating your situation. I would have to think, without knowing numbers or terms, that you would at least be looking at $3-4K. I know Nissan has a "lease for life" program where you can trade six months early, without paying the lease money down. I personally don't think it would be worth it right know. You will lose all the money down as well. You could check out or post on LeaseTrader.com - Auto Leasing - Lease Assumption - Short Term Leases and be willing to put some money down up front to someone willing to take the lease off your hands. Hope this helps.
also, in canada we have LeaseBusters - Canada's #1 Lease Takeover Pioneers

I have no experience with them so I cannot say how well they work....

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
it never hurts to ask if you can switch. sometimes you can if you are goin with a new lease. you might have to pay the $ down again though

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Let us know what that telephone pole fills like when they use.

Is there a new telephone pole at Toyota Dealerships that they "Fill" up for amusement? Asking me how the pole fills I would think like a glass of water just basically fills up.:clown:

·
Registered
78 Posts
You can always sell to a private party when the lease expires and then pay off toyota when you get the funds. You're less likely to get screwed for mileage and wear and tear.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Bring 4 to 5 K to the table at least to make it worth while. I did see a site on the internet that specializes on buying other peoples leases. Give it a shot what do you have to lose I dont know the name off hand but try Googling 3rd party leases and such and see what you come up with.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I say stop being afraid of the truck and drive it. Doesn't sound like you need a 4X4 - you just want one.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I say stop and take a deep breath. There's a lot of impulsive behavior going on here. You had an '06 Tundra with 8K miles. Then, bought this 2WD truck on impulse because of the Momo wheels even though you went there for a 4X4. The wheels are nice but they're a little high-school if you ask me.

Now, 5 days later you think you want a 4X4? Unless a miracle happens and you can really unwind your lease, you ought to take a few weeks to make the right decision about whether to keep this one or not. It probably won't cost you any more in depreciation of the truck whether it is a week old or a month old.

·
Registered
174 Posts
There is no good way to do this. I hope that you make a fortune as a motocross photog, because you'll need it if you trade this truck already.

·
Premium Member
668 Posts
Your new tundra looks great. :tu: Your buyer's remorse will pass. Otherwise you don't need a guru, but a genie in a bottle to make this go away. Paging Barbara Eden :D

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Ok before I get flamed from everyone ..Save it, i've heard it for the last 2 days lol
Ok here is my deal , we are going in today to get her a matrix xr or a highlander we dunno yet.. The last couple days ive been driving my brand new tundra (see signature) .. Its a lease 36 month .. My intentions were to get a better towing vehicle than my 06 tundra for a toyhauler. I wanted a 4x4 Dc SR5 ..Basic stuff.. But when I saw the 22" momos and color I said ahh "ill take that one" he said its 4x2 " I said thats ok I like the look" So now 5 days later 220 miles on the truck im scared to drive through a puddle lol I avoid them, I am a professional motocross photographer where I tow a trailer 4 days a week to dirt pits.. Ya the 22" moms can deal with dirt, mud fine but me being a clean freak (Marine DI) lol I can't deal with the rims getting dirty especially since i leased it and have to trade it in for the tundra Diesel when it comes out. If i keep it no biggie the trucks is great but if im in it for 3 years I think basic 4x4 will be easier on my heart (health) hehe

Thanks for any nice responses lol This is a great forum
So how bad am I gonna take by trading it in?
If you're concerned too much on the cleanliness of the wheels and possibly damaging them from driving off road, buy a new set of wheels and/or tires that are made to take such abuse. Replace the expensive wheels you have now and keep them until you're ready to trade-in. Then, swap back the expensive wheels/tires. You can always sell the cheap set later. This is one of the drawbacks of pimping your truck with low profile, expensive made-for-the- perfect-road tire/wheel combo. Just a thought.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts