Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

as the thread title says, I just moved here to San Antonio for school from California. Purchased a 2010 DC 4.6 for the long haul/big load over. Was wondering if you guys know if the 2 yr maintenance free would still be applicable for me out here (truck was purchased in california, and was told regions vary and may not be covered). Also, which dealer would you guys recommend to get the services done? At the moment, I'm also at an apartment complex so I also need to find a place to A: wash/wax the truck and B: help install mods (brush guards, flares, etc etc).

Thanks,
Anthony

·
Registered
130 Posts
Check out Alamo Toyota.. They're not the biggest out there, but the people are more down to earth..

I would look in your paper work from purchasing the vehicle.. Find a contract number for the maintenance program before calling the dealership about whether it's valid in the Gulf States region.

Welcome to the area! I grew up just north of San Antonio.. I love central Texas' hill country :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, still getting use to San Antonio. I already have a few mods in mind regarding the truck, but still a lot to learn about having it all work together. Not new to modding, my other car (which I left back home in California) is a Lexus SC that I'm prepping to be a track car.

looking forward to hopefully meet and gain some insight into the possibilities of a truck.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Welcome to San Antonio Bro, moved from the the east Coast some years ago and haven't been able to leave. you will find that TX especially SA will grow on you. I'm a contractor in Iraq right now, but when i am home i have Toyota of Boerne take care of my 2010 4.6L. they do a great job and are currently the second if not the top seller of Tudras i the state. just head north on !-10 about 20 minutes past 1604.

As for Mods i had Line-X of San Antonio install my front and rear N-Fbas mount the lights Line-X my bed my front bumper and my rear bumper with Line X Xtra (the good stuff) all for $1200 bucks. which believe me i shopped around, the price is unbeatable, but to top it off they do amazing work and can do all Mods and mounts. i have Josh the owners e-mail if your interested. Welcome to TX and if you need anything this forum will surley help you out!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
whats up man, I'm here in San Antonio too. There is a place called SouthTX Outfitters off 281 that makes a great looking front bumper/grill guard. I am planning on getting one sometime this year or next, but they are $1300. If that is to high you can get a ranch hand grill guard for around $600 I would guess and they are quality stuff. SouthTX Outfitters has flares and tool boxes too, worth stopping in their shop and checking it out.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Welcome to San Antonio...I too just purchased a Tundra, should be here by the 28th. Nice Lexus. If you're into road racing, check out Harris Hill Road in San Marcus, they have a site as well. It's a great course. I'll be having everything done for me at North Park Toyota on 35 South exit 144. My friend is a salesman over there and hooked me up on my truck. I'll call him tomorrow and see if he can get an answer as well to your maintenance

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome to San Antonio.I have a 2011 4.6 lifted tundra... I have been taking my truck to red mccomb's Toyota for services and they have been great! :D

·
Cash-Strapped Supporter
155 Posts
I am a fan of the Toyota of Boerne people, it's where I bought mine (I think they are #1 in Tundra sales in TX and rated real high in the nation for Tundra sales too). Being that the trucks are built there, many of the dealers are good. I think you are safe at many of the dealerships in the area.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the advice everyone.

with that said, i've found alamo toyota to be the closest to me. so far, so good.

Tazeme: I'll look into that road course. I'll have to figure out where I would store the car if I brought it out here, since I've ripped a good portion of stuff out, it doesn't really have much of security in it and where I live, there's no garage.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome to SA, man. I take my FJ to Boerne Toyota. The service there is excellent. It's convenient for me since I work in Boerne, but the service is also very good.

·
Registered
91 Posts
If your still kinda looking, Universal Toyota is not much farther than Alamo and has served me well. On mods, check out planet pickup off of 410 on the NW side.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I deal with North Park Toyota, that is where I purchased mine from...real straight up people. As for mods, talk to Steve at Planet Pickup on 410 and West Ave. They take care of me real good. Welcome to SA!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts