Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here. I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post, but I need help.
I'm looking to buy a wireless carplay adapter. I was on other site and a pop-up ad about a dongle. I watched the video and it looks great. The features are exactly the features I want: ie leaving my iPhone in my pocket, entering the car, starting the engine, and all my iPhone features become accessible. Of course all ads sound great, that's why I ask for help.
Gadget Motor vehicle Audio equipment Vehicle audio Automotive design

Any advice? Are they pretty much straight plug and play?
Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought the carlinkit adapter from Carlinkit Wireless Carplay Adapter and when I got it, I thought it was really worth my money. Carlinkit adapte is small in size and is elegant in my opinion (Not cheap plastic). The setup is easier and the re-connection is pretty fast, plug and play.
I am satisfied with my this purchase. It works well, no issues so far! This is really convenient, the key is that the adapter can also charge my phone!!!
The price is also reasonable, less than $85. Now they have a 15% discount for items. It's definitely worth it!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Most, especially aftermarket head units connect wirelessly to your phone. I have a BOSS unit and use an Android phone for both music saved on my phone and Siris Radio Streaming. I understand that the is a special function needed with an IPhone. For me the item description is a bit confusing, and I would save my nickels and shop for a new system all together. Just an old guys opinion...
When I had my Model A I used a wireless speaker that I got on Amazon and would stream from my phone so I could play saved 1920's music in the car when parked at car rallies. That is another option. Chap
I saw on Carlinkit Wireless Carplay Adapter that this product work for aftermarket head units. If you are interested, you can try it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I haven't a clue nor any advice but I am definitely interested in how this works out for you if you should get one. Let us know!
Overall, this adapter is worthy and the performance is still OK. It works well with my car, no issues so far. By the way, I used the discount code ""SAVE15"" to get 15% off, you can also try it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts