Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help with programming a new Transponder key for a 2011 Tundra SR5 5.7L 4WD. I have tried ALL of the DIY from YouTube. Everything from TomKeys, to Leaving the key in the "on" position for 15 minutes for 3 times. I have had absolutely no luck. One thing I have noticed is that the security light never gets to a steady red light during any of the previous mentioned processes. So, it never goes in "pairing" mode. Any solutions? Is there a limit as to how many keys can be programmed for this vehicle? How do I find out if I've reached that Limit?
Thanks for any help

Clikks

·
Registered
617 Posts
Key programming has been a thorn in my side since I bought my Tundra. Mine is an 02 but I have done everything on you tube and suggested here and still can't make the programming happen. Not sure about 2011, but I would take it to a shop that installs sound and alarms and ask them if they can do it for you. The Tech at the shop near me tried and couldn't make it happen.
I believe that there is a way to clear other fobs but I was afraid to try that with the only fob I had that worked. My conclusion: "I don't need no stinkin' extra fob." Keep us posted. Chap

1 - 4 of 4 Posts