Toyota Tundra Forums banner

Hid Lords of knowledge Please Help Me!

4K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  vincas2005 
#1 ·
:couch2: Hello Ladies and gentlemen :yo:!!!
I'm About to get my crazy retrofit Started :devil: ...
.... A complete Hid retrofit on my crapy headlights :td:​

I have E55 projectors, d2s Bulbs and ballast, a pair of nice shrouds that are ready to roll :bump2: !!!
I have some Angel eyes already installed so hopefully they will looks Amazing with the HID ...​

:focus:​

- Can I just plug the solenoid wires into the oem high beams harness or find a voltage reductor to be able to connect into the high beams harness ?

Thanks in advance ....!!!

this is what i have in pics ............

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
dont have a clue but points to ya for doing it...looks like u have all the good stuff to make it work perfectly and safely!!!

#3 ·
dont have a clue but points to ya for doing it...looks like u have all the good stuff to make it work perfectly and safely!!!
:second: Almost !!! I just need the harness to make it perfect .! I do want the bi-xenon working so I can get my highs from it .! The light on this things looks so good ..! I cannot wait ..!!!!:pray2:

#4 ·
The solenoid should be a switched 12v source, so realistically you could pigtail off the hi beam wires to the pos and gnd on the solenoid. That way you could have high beam HiD's as well as high beam lights.... hmmm thats a lot of lights. Sounds like a good idea. Just get a multimeter and check which pin is 12+ with the high beams on...

#5 ·
Solenoid white is +,brown is ground. You can wire them to your highbeam wiring,there's no need to reduce voltage or use any special circuit like a Bosch E46 bixenon projector.

#6 ·
The solenoid should be a switched 12v source, so realistically you could pigtail off the hi beam wires to the pos and gnd on the solenoid. That way you could have high beam HiD's as well as high beam lights.... hmmm thats a lot of lights. Sounds like a good idea. Just get a multimeter and check which pin is 12+ with the high beams on...

:thumb: Thanks So much ! I was thinking to be doing that but I Din't want to mess with those solenoids ! I did some reserch all over the internet and I found out that other people that are doing retrofit with bi-xenon are just hooking them up!
:D:D:D:D

well I think for me it's going to be more easy cause my e55s solenoid just have 2 wires white(+) and brown(-).
:focus:

:spy:Do you guys think if I have the solenoids hook up streight to the high beams harness it will burn:target: the solenoids if i have them ON for long time while im driving :plane: ? :spy:

:ts:

#8 ·
Solenoid white is +,brown is ground. You can wire them to your highbeam wiring,there's no need to reduce voltage or use any special circuit like a Bosch E46 bixenon projector.
:spy: FROM SOME RESERCH THAT I DID :spy:
:argue::nono::croc::faint::argue:
White is (+) and Brown is (-),
But you are saying that Brown is Ground
So I'm a little bit confused :eek: !!
Can you please tell me wich one is my option to follow !
  1. White(+) in (+) / brown (-) in (-) !​
  2. White(+) in (+) / brown Ground some where !
:washing: This is my last week from work :cool:
so I wanna start rolling this weekend and getting it Done Properly

So please some help gonna be appreciated

:ts::ts::ts::ts::ts::ts::ts::ts::ts::ts:

#10 ·
Looks like you are good to go. I wouldnt worry about overloading the circuit. If you are, just fuse it. It should take hardly any amperage to trip the solenoid... good luck and post pictures!
:tu: PERFECTO that sounds good i might fuse it just in case!!!

AND I'll be doing some reserch on the aiming ...!
so i dont get nobody blinde!
i found this pic in another forum but not sure if this going to work in my truck ...!:confused:

And yes i'll be taking a lot of pics and i will post them ! Maybe a video to :der: !!

Attachments

#12 ·
:spy: FROM SOME RESERCH THAT I DID :spy:
:argue::nono::croc::faint::argue:
White is (+) and Brown is (-),
But you are saying that Brown is Ground
So I'm a little bit confused :eek: !!
Can you please tell me wich one is my option to follow !

1. White(+) in (+) / brown (-) in (-) !
  2. White(+) in (+) / brown Ground some where !​

:washing: This is my last week from work :cool:
so I wanna start rolling this weekend and getting it Done Properly

So please some help gonna be appreciated

:ts::ts::ts::ts::ts::ts::ts::ts::ts::ts:​
Ground,negative,same difference ;)

Connect the white solenoid wire to highbeam + and brown solenoid wire to highbeam -.

The highbeam - wire should be white with black stripe for passenger and driver side. Driver side + wire light green,passenger side + brown.

#13 ·
:ballchain:Christmas took me away ..! :ballchain:
I have the retrofit almost done ... ? I screwed it up with one of my headlights ! too much heat :flame:..! so the driver side has Cancer :(!
i'm looking for a cheap headlight with a good lens ! so i can replace it !

after that im going to make sure that the aiming its perfect and then upload more pics ..!

#16 ·
Is that sealant in the corner of the housing...?
I'm not sure what corner you talking about :p, But im sure it was sealant !
I did put a LOT of it ! Because I don't Like to have Foggy headlights !:D

:kev: Remember They are not Done Yet ! when everything its dry and ready to go the next step will come :
cutting the "eXtra stuff", cleaning & detailing :drum:

#18 ·
Just my .02 cents but with the LEDs and Angel Eyes it's quite busy looking. Takes away from the HID conversion.

I Ask around about it and most of my friends told me to keep them :tu:..!
and then the best idea came up :eek: !

"to have a switch to turn on/off the Angel Eyes & LED's whenever I want

SO everyone is happy !!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now is working just perfect !
because I can have the angel eyes & LED's turn on on the afternoon and looks AWESOME !!
and
night time is showtime ! I can have just the HID's turn ON
:amen:

#19 ·
Looks not too bad. Those LED bother me as well :) If it was like on Audi R8 - a stripe.... now it like a row of pimples in the headlight.

P.S. whats up with the mexican soap opera in every post of yours? :confused::eek: looks like rice Tundra :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.