Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 TUNDRA double cab black i added hids to the headlights they are 8000k and now I want to do the fog lights im debating on going with 8000k(cool blue) or yellow any suggestions and also what is the bulb number ???

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
a member here went with 3000k...im too lazy to search but its there.

IMO 8k is too blue for anything anyway so i can only suggest the more OEM color of 5000k or 6000k at the highest....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2010 TUNDRA double cab black i added hids to the headlights they are 8000k and now I want to do the fog lights im debating on going with 8000k(cool blue) or yellow any suggestions and also what is the bulb number ???
i have an 08 tundra, and i just got a set of 8k hids for it, but i have no clue how to pull the headlights out. if u have any info that would be very helpfull for me. thanx

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
i have an 08 tundra, and i just got a set of 8k hids for it, but i have no clue how to pull the headlights out. if u have any info that would be very helpfull for me. thanx
I would post a smart arse comment here but all I can do is shake my head, it's all yours tink

·
Marine Veteran
826 Posts
Search for the black headlight mod threads for light removal. There are TONS of threads here about headlights, just use the search function.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
I would post a smart arse comment here but all I can do is shake my head, it's all yours tink
well, first, open the hood. then look at the nice clear pastic things. those are the headlights. there are some body colored panels directly below those. see them? yeah. there are a couple of plastic fasteners towards the inside, they are black. remove them. those panels now can pop out, they are held in with tabs that fit into holes in the leading edge of the fender (those metal things that cover the wheels and that unsightly gap between the door and the front end). pull those panels out and then the nice shiny light has three (3) bolts holding it in. remove them. the light housing comes out. unplug the lights. thats about it. really. thats about it.

now, all that could have been avoided if u had
1)searched
2)looked
3)searched again

or...do like alot of us have and just change the bulbs out with them still mounted and u can avoid asking silly questions. :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Recommend color matching, just a personal preference. We've done multiple vehicles with the 3K including our Silver CM at one point. Black is definitely the best vehicle color for 3K if that makes sense :confused: If you're looking for function over style (not that 3K fogs aren't stylish) then matching the headlights is the way to go. Another option is to purchase the 8K kit and a pair of 3K bulbs only, then you can swap them out whenever you feel like it!

The bulb part number is H10, you can also use a 9005.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Higher than 5k you're giving up visibility for color. In addition consider doing a proper HID retrofit please, for the sake of other drivers.

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Fogs are 9145

The 9005 are the hi beams.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Order H10 for the fogs.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I did 3000k HID fogs about a week or two ago and absolutely love it. I will soon have 6000k hid headlights but my headlights are stock as of this moment. So I vote 3000k, I just think they look sweet. But either way it will look great. Some people like their fogs to match their headlights which does look great as well!

·
Registered
349 Posts
I will suggest to save ur $$$ and do a full hid retrofit! :)
I'm not sure how long these HID kit last but I heard bad stuff about it!
so if you going to be buying bulbs OR BALLAST every 3 months you can do the math!

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
Nowadays most places will sell you a kit with lifetime warranty.. So, for $60.. Why not? Especially if you take the time to aim them correctly so they dont blind everyone else.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Ok that sounds good!! I always owned trucks so I never been blinded;) !! So I don't mind!

Hey by the way! Do you guys have output pictures of hid kits against walls?

·
Registered
457 Posts
The bulb part number is H10, you can also use a 9005.
No they are slightly different. You have to do some work to it to make it fit. I tried putting a 9005 bulb into an H10 housing and it will not fit so I endid up grinding 9005 bulb moundings to fit it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
No they are slightly different. You have to do some work to it to make it fit. I tried putting a 9005 bulb into an H10 housing and it will not fit so I endid up grinding 9005 bulb moundings to fit it.
Hmm installed them in numerous applications (not just Tundra's), never had to grind anything :confused: You have to hold your mouth just right to get them in :p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts