Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To those that already own an 07 Tundra, are any of you planning on putting in HID headlights? I'm wondering if there are any available as an option or kit yet. I see that there is a growing market for HID-like bulbs that can be used to replicate the amount and color of those lights...

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have them in my Tundra already. They are made by Cailfornia Sunshine. I also have used the kits made by OLLO. Both are great kits and come with a 1yr warranty. I sell alot of these kits with little to no problems.

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool! I'm not sure if that was the same place that I looked at before for replacement bulbs, but it sure looks familiar... I hope the HIDs will last! :D

·
Registered
595 Posts
What are the benefits of these lights? The California Sunshine website makes it out as "These kind of high performance bulbs will give you the awesome plasma white HID LOOK."

Is it a look you are after or is there a performance difference? Also, some cars have a reaaly annoying color to their headlights when you meet them on the road. I notice this most with the "Fast and the Furious" crowd. Are these lights the same way?

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What are the benefits of these lights? The California Sunshine website makes it out as "These kind of high performance bulbs will give you the awesome plasma white HID LOOK."

Is it a look you are after or is there a performance difference? Also, some cars have a reaaly annoying color to their headlights when you meet them on the road. I notice this most with the "Fast and the Furious" crowd. Are these lights the same way?
For me personally, there is no comparison between the vehicle I have now that has HIDs and my wife's car that doesn't. HIDs are clearly better. They throw the light farther and are "whiter" making it easier to actually see what is covered under the light.
As for looks, if it looks good too, that would be great! But I like having the road in front and around me lit up bright first and foremost. It helps in all kinds of conditions...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I actually just bought some new HID's for my TC from a local company called Electrosport Industries. I wasn't really new to HID's as I had gone cheap in the past and bought from some e-bay retailers, which the kits worked ok but never as well as I had hoped. So after doing some research and talking to a few guys around me I got turned on to them. Unlike the ones I have had before where you had just a low beam as HID and that was it these ones have both HIGH and LOW as HID, and let me tell you the difference is just insane:eek: . Not to mention they were literally 10 minutes from my house. When I was down there talking to one of the guys (who I must say was quite helpfull in answering in any questions on the matter) I had mentioned I had a tundra, to which they go excited saying they were looking for someone with a 07' to test the new bulbs out on. Unfortunatly I have an 04', but if one of you guys were close to oceanside, ca and wanted to get a killer deal on a set, you should call them and see if you cant get hooked up. If you guys want any pictures of the installation or any thing I can get them posted up for you later on tonight.

oh yea if you guys wanna check em out they are here: Motorcycle Electrical Parts (ElectroSport Industries)

-Bollucks

·
Registered
96 Posts
are 2007,tundy,SR-5 head lights different than Ltd lights?? My sr-5 daytime running lights are round & close to the center of the cluster, I thought that I've seen some that have a DRL that have a thin orange lite across the top of the cluster

·
Registered
17 Posts
Addictive - Does your kit include the bulbs? How difficult is it to install the kit? Is there anything in addition to the kit that I need to buy?

·
Registered
77 Posts
you can get most kits for about $120 shipped for two bulbs (any size base/any color temp), two ballasts with built in ignitors, and all necessary wiring. no one in socal pays $180 for an hid kit, let alone an insane $350. shop around!

·
Registered
175 Posts
you can get most kits for about $120 shipped for two bulbs (any size base/any color temp), two ballasts with built in ignitors, and all necessary wiring. no one in socal pays $180 for an hid kit, let alone an insane $350. shop around!

i live in san diego, ive never seen anyone pay 120 for hid's...180 is a good price, ive been doing this for a long time and built several "show" trucks. got a link to your 120$ hids..

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Are they really $599 for the Tundras? That seem pretty high to me, but that is what is on the ElectroSport Motorcycle Electrical Parts web-site given above. That is pretty close to actual "stock" price for dealer HIDs from most manufacturers (which are already at least two to three times as much as aftermarkets)... I gotta think that they should be significantly less than that...

·
Registered
71 Posts
The kits I sell are plug and play kits. 2 bulbs, 2 ballasts and wiring harnesses. Install should take less than 30 minutes.
I pay more than $120.00 a kit. I am sure that you can find some cheap kits for less than $180.00 but I am an AUTHORIZED dealer and have a NO HASSLE warranty. If anything goes bad I replace it no questions asked for 1 yr.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Are they really $599 for the Tundras? That seem pretty high to me, but that is what is on the ElectroSport Motorcycle Electrical Parts web-site given above. That is pretty close to actual "stock" price for dealer HIDs from most manufacturers (which are already at least two to three times as much as aftermarkets)... I gotta think that they should be significantly less than that...
When I bought mine they were 399.00, I think they have a deal going on them right now. The only problem I had found with the other kits was that I only got low beam as an HID, and I would either retain my stock high beam, or it would be some cheesy halogen bulb next to the HID. Which never really worked out too well for me, the HID always seemed to overpower the halogen bulb. With there set up I got the low beam HID, and the high beam HID as well. and with those two puppies on at the same time you can turn night in to day!

For me after what I have experienced with the set I have in my car, I would have paid the full price. I do alot of night driving, especially canyon runs and things to that nature. So headlights are something I dont want to get cheap on,(you learn this when you have them die as your trying to corner in the middle of the night! Not to mention the body shop is never cheap!). Its the same reason I spent 1300 on my coilovers. I believe in the old saying you get what you pay for.

-Bollucks

·
Registered
175 Posts
What is this about color temp? How do you choose a color?
color temp is pretty easy.. as a rule of thumb 4300 is yellowish, 5k-6k is white, 7k-8k is blueish, 9k-10k is purple. ive seen 12k and 16k but anything over 10k looks stupidly purple and you will probably get pulled over a lot for it. here in cali i think it is illegal to modify your headlights with HID's but if you keep it normal and dont over do it, you wont get a ticket for it. ive been pulled over many times and never got anything for my old ones in my silverado. they were 8k's btw.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Is it the color that makes these lights so much better to see with or is it something else?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Here are a couple of pics. These are 4300K. They are white with a blue tint to them. One pic they look like they are different colors but they are definately the same. Also my house is kinda purpleish in color so the second picture is more true to life.

Attachments

·
Super Genius
920 Posts
The kits I sell are plug and play kits. 2 bulbs, 2 ballasts and wiring harnesses. Install should take less than 30 minutes.
I pay more than $120.00 a kit. I am sure that you can find some cheap kits for less than $180.00 but I am an AUTHORIZED dealer and have a NO HASSLE warranty. If anything goes bad I replace it no questions asked for 1 yr.
After some quick checking on the web this seems like a pretty fair price. Couple of questions:
  1. Do you offer the kit with multiple bulb options? I have seen the different colors and bulb types listed (H1, H4, etc.) so wondering what to get.
  2. How did you determine to sell the HALO brand?
  3. Is there a top-end brand which is widely accepted as the best?
  4. Does the HALO kit give you low beam, high beam, or both? On the 2007 Tundra I want to retain high beam and preferably have HID for both.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts