Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had the Eclipse AVN5435 installed in my 06 HIHY I am having a problem with the speed pulse wire not allowing voice guidance or route correction due to issues with not having the correct speed wire connected. I recieve the correct reading on the diagnostic screen but it will flash a speed pulse message some times. Has anyone successfully installed this or any other aftermarket nav system in the highlander hybrid? If so where did you connect to the speed sensor wire? My installer says there are four wires in the Hybrid that send this signal to the ECM but none of them seem to work correctly. Does anyone have a wiring schematic to trace out a correct wire. Any suggestions?

·
Retired Contributor
2010 Tundra/2015 4 Runner/2007 Prius
5,942 Posts
There is only 1 input to the speedo from the skid control ecu
There is only 1 out which splits into 3.

I would tap into connector C12 PIN 18 (gray wire) on the back side of the combination meter.
This is the INPUT from the skid control ecu and the speed sensors. This signal is digital (I THINK).

As it passes thru the speedo (combination meter) it is converted to ANALOG and then goes out to the factory NAV/Multi display and the HV ECU.

It maybe analog in and digital out. I am not sure.

You could also try that wire Connector C11 pin #6 (white wire) on the back of the combination meter as well.

TIS is on a new program so I cant post pictures as of yet.
E-mail me and I will send them to you. The picture of the connectors and loctions.
[email protected]
Hope this helps

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I am on vacation right now but I will definitely be taering into it and let you know how it comes out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same issue, not with my Sequoia but with my Saab.
I could not find a speed wire the AVN would read.

I was able to get the update disc for this unit, It has a firmware update so you no longer need a speed wire connected. It just uses GPS like the newest AVN's, inaddition it allows you to change the splash screen and has a Map update as well. :tu:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts