Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
I must have missed the TS reference, but I find it hilarious that they think somehow that this truck was a "failure" given the numbers... ummm, HELLLLLLOOOOO... name me a manufacturer that didn't significantly drop in sales due to the economy never mind the $4/gal gas and the huge hit the construction industry has been dealt as a result of the financial fiasco with mortgages and banks, etc. We're selling 6 Million+ less vehicles a year and the majority of those sales losses are big trucks and SUVs. Last time I looked the Tundra was doing much better than the Titan and both Ford and GM weren't looking so hot either... Chrysler can't seem to buy their way out of the hole they're in, so overall I think the Tundra is actually doing pretty well all things considered...

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
The other thing these articles fail to mention is that the '09 model year was actually less than 6 months long.

·
...Raptor Slayer...
2,233 Posts
Here is the issue...THERE WILL ALWAYS BE HATERS...LOOK AT CHEVY vs DODGE vs FORD...longest hate truck rivalry people still buy them regardless...now with the 07 tundra and up competing in that class they have joined the media stream of trash talk...whether it be a pedal problem or sales problem they claim about toyota, to ford transmission problems or whatever they gonna hate

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
The other thing these articles fail to mention is that the '09 model year was actually less than 6 months long.
Even funnier is that they actually point out sales of 460K trucks since its introduction... well, the first ones didn't come off the lots till March of 07, not even 3.5 years ago, so even then you're looking at roughly 150K/year in sales... again, not bad all things considered...

·
NASH
3,634 Posts
The Tundra is why we are getting the 6.2L from GM, 6.2L from Ford, and the new motors from Ford.

Without Toyota, the rest of the peons (us) would be driving 5.4 and 4.6L dogs instead of the new powertrains of today (6AT as well).

I am a bit disappointed that 2014 is the date, but its all rumors at the moment.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
I guess I missed the TS reference too....

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess I missed the TS reference too....

21st comment (by Mike Levine) 4th paragraph.

What bothers me about the guy is he's always quick to point out the Tundra's weaknesses and add his own little slant/comment. When the Tundra does do well, he'll make an excuse for the competition.

No truck is perfect, and some features are more important to some than others.

But the haters always downplay the Tundra,s strengths while exaggerating the problems/shortfalls.

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
Mike is actually a really a good journalist. I have been a long time member there, just like here and he reports pretty honestly.

The tundra has had is share of problems, let's face it. It's still a good truck and I am looking to buy a 2010.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mike is actually a really a good journalist. I have been a long time member there, just like here and he reports pretty honestly.

The tundra has had is share of problems, let's face it. It's still a good truck and I am looking to buy a 2010.

Nope, it only takes a few key comments to show one's bias.

Like mentioned in the comments:

He made excuses for the Tundra performing as well as the GM models saying it was the 4.30 gearing all the while forgetting the fact that the GM's higher numerical gearing in the transmission makes them nearly equal. When called out on it back then, he ignored it.

In those same comments, he brags on "across the board" MPG never giving the Tundra credit for getting better economy in their top offerings.

His '08 test was using a Tundra that had many more miles on it then the others.....while whining about unloaded ride quality.

No doubt there are problems.......like with ANY vehicle......just seems to me the guy likes to sensationalize the Tundra's problems with snide little remarks.

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
Nope, it only takes a few key comments to show one's bias.

Like mentioned in the comments:

He made excuses for the Tundra performing as well as the GM models saying it was the 4.30 gearing all the while forgetting the fact that the GM's higher numerical gearing in the transmission makes them nearly equal. When called out on it back then, he ignored it.

In those same comments, he brags on "across the board" MPG never giving the Tundra credit for getting better economy in their top offerings.

His '08 test was using a Tundra that had many more miles on it then the others.....while whining about unloaded ride quality.

No doubt there are problems.......like with ANY vehicle......just seems to me the guy likes to sensationalize the Tundra's problems with snide little remarks.
fair enough.

you got any pics of that gt-500?

how does the pull feel compared to the tundra 350?

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
WOW, great sound.

Although I might still take a modded TT Supra instead:becky:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I read all the postings to see how alex comes back about the tacoma comment. I guess he never realized that tacoma (the bridge) was not made by toyota. The question is what else does he not know?

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Rant on
I'm just gonna put this out there... Is it just me or are the majority of Dodge/GM/Ford a bunch of Fan Boys or just redneck trash?

I never see videos of ford/gm/dodge trucks on youtube or reviews online where Tundra owners jump in and talk trash about those trucks... at least I never feel the need too, and I don't see others doing it. But the minute an article on the Tundra or youtube video comes out, the gm/dodge/ford guys are jumping all over the comments section talking so much trash about the Tundra.

am I the only one noticing that? and then I love the so-called ex-Tundra owners who talk trash about the truck... yet 90% of the owners never seem to notice these apparent "BIG" issues, or if they do its just the normal process of owning a vehicle, I swear it must be because the Tundra isn't perfect, like Ford/Gm/Dodge are.... hardly.
Rant off

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I read all the postings to see how alex comes back about the tacoma comment. I guess he never realized that tacoma (the bridge) was not made by toyota. The question is what else does he not know?

That guy may be the 2nd biggest tool on the web.

I honestly don't think he knows much except for taking weak shots at Tundras cause it's sooo KEWL on a xenophobe site.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Rant on
I'm just gonna put this out there... Is it just me or are the majority of Dodge/GM/Ford a bunch of Fan Boys or just redneck trash?

I never see videos of ford/gm/dodge trucks on youtube or reviews online where Tundra owners jump in and talk trash about those trucks... at least I never feel the need too, and I don't see others doing it. But the minute an article on the Tundra or youtube video comes out, the gm/dodge/ford guys are jumping all over the comments section talking so much trash about the Tundra.

am I the only one noticing that? and then I love the so-called ex-Tundra owners who talk trash about the truck... yet 90% of the owners never seem to notice these apparent "BIG" issues, or if they do its just the normal process of owning a vehicle, I swear it must be because the Tundra isn't perfect, like Ford/Gm/Dodge are.... hardly.
Rant off

Well, that's why I changed my name to "They/all/have/issues"

There is no perfect truck.

I agree 100% that when the Tundra has an issue, it's headline news.......especially over there. When the Tundra excels at something.............crickets.

·
Tire Roasting Member
927 Posts
What a surprise! Mike Levine berating the Tundra....again...

This is nothing new. He has to keep his domestic fan boys happy or his little website will become labeled and traffic (revenue) will suffer...

I was once told that he drives a Toyota - talk about two-faced.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts