Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
these are pretty sweet trucks. wonder if future tundras/tacos will take design cues from this? I guess the Hilux is more of a Taco competitor, but still interesting...

Arctic Trucks Tours Of Iceland — Autoblog

·
Registered
739 Posts
good looking truck

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats awesome - seeing those trucks on video makes me want to JUMP them.

this company does other conversions too - and another cool video on their site. nothing for the trundra though!!! WTF??

Arctic Trucks

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
rented one last year, the best little truck I've driven. Ours had I think a 3.0 diesel, it felt like it could climb a wall. They are really nice inside too. Wish I had pictures of it. If they sold them here I dont think the S-10, Ranger or Dakota would have a chance.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I would buy a Hilux in a heartbeat! They're simply awesome. And they are NOT a Tacoma as some would argue. I really wish we had them in North America.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Why aren't they Tacos with a different name. Look to be about the same size
Just Google it and you'll see all kinds of comparisons. From what I've read, they look similar but are built on different platforms, have different drivetrains, suspensions etc. Apparently the Hilux is available as a 1 ton too. I was in Greece a couple of years ago and the Hilux was everywhere. The body is also different than the Tacoma for sure.

Hiluxdifferences

Toyota Hilux - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What is the difference between a Hi-Lux and Tacoma - Expedition Portal Forum

·
Registered
78 Posts
I had a Hilux Surf (the 4runner) which was imported from Japan and had the 2.4 turbo diesel. It was sure a sweet ride. 15 years old with 160000km on it and it drove like brand new. I wish I'd kept it but now I'm getting a Tundra so it's ok ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts