Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, a Canadian Goose decided it wanted to commit suicide last week and while I was travelling in the fast lane on a busy highway. The goose came from the left, landed in the middle lane and while landing did a hop, skip right into my lane. Nothing I could do to avoid hitting him. I hit him doing about 50 mph with the front drivers side of my bumper (2008 DC Limited). I now have a 2" long crack in my front bumper on the driver side, a cracked fog light lens and feathers in the sonar on the drivers side.
Can the fog lens be replaced or is a whole new unit needed?
Can you replace just one sonar sensor in the front or do you need to get passenger and driver?
I called my dealership, they said my price for the front bumper (plastic) is $246 unpainted.
Realistically what is the average cost to get this replaced with a body shop (I live in northern NJ).
My insurance company said it was like hitting a deer and my rates won't go up, but my deductible is $500. Wondering if the replacement bumper, painting, fog light, and sonar would add up to a new Expedition one bumper.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I had an owl commit suicide by flying into my driver side rear window. since then two other birds have died due to the beast.

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Too bad about the bumper BUT just be glad he stayed on the ground. I saw a Ford pickup a couple years ago that took one in the windshield. It made a real mess of that truck.

·
...Raptor Slayer...
2,233 Posts
I backed into a guard rail...a good size dent in bumper push up bedside and medium sized chip in paint lower bedside....but the issue is i live in hawaii about 50 yards from Da beach soooo that =Bad news

·
Registered
315 Posts
Did you save the goose?
Save you a trip to the store for some expensive goose grease.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
bumper cover, plus fog light, plus sonar sensor, plus labor for paint, plus labor for R&R of all the parts= more than your deductible. just let them do it. i wouldnt be suprised if it was 1000 to repair. its hard to do any damage w/o it being over a grand.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
A goose sh!t on me driving to work this morning. I think the geese are up to something. We need to watch our backs.:D
I don't know how much the Expedition One bumpers cost, but I bet the repair cost will be pretty comparable. It doesn't take much damage to start adding up.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Only $246 for the painted bumper. May be a good way to go for those that don't want a chrome bumper.

Rockpig, what color is your truck? I may be interested in the old parts.

Can you mount sonar on an exp. bumper?

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
For a brief moment there I thought you said you hit "Goose" as in the guy from Top Gun... :D:D:D j/k

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Truck is silver. I still find it hard to believe that the front bumper that holds the fog lights and sonar is only 246 unpainted, I wonder if my parts Guy looked up the center air dam part of the bumper. I guess I thought it would be more.
More importantly, in ordercto replace the cracked fog light lens do I have to buy a whole new fog light or can I just get the lens?
Would I have to buy a pair if I can't replace just the lens?
Same question for the front sonar, can I buy just one sonar sensor for the front or do I need both or more?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts