Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
great...i come out tonight to find some @55-hole hit the front left corner of my truck and took off. they dented the chrome bumper and ground down the corner of the plastic on top of it. i so pissed! :cry:

pics will be tommorow night...its too dark to take any..and i might throw my camera if it doesnt work perfectally right now

·
Registered
129 Posts
That's total BS. I hate people that do that crap. If they find them, it should be legal to beat them to death.
Sorry for your trouble...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

well he is in california..nah who ever hit me was in some small brown car cause the highest damage is at the very top of the bumper. the only good thing is that it didnt damage any of the body panels. i work at a lexus and toyota dealership and we have a bodyshop. at my cost its gonne be 850$ for a new chrome bumper and to sand/finish and paint the upper painted bumper cap...im pissed.. pics will be when i get home tonight.. its not bad damage, just anoying cause i got only 500 miles on the car.... :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Sorry to hear that man... there is just an element of society that thinks that nothing is their fault and that everybody owes them a living. Even though the get caught in enough numbers, they reproduce like he**!! Hope you can get a cheaper fix...

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
That's total BS. I hate people that do that crap. If they find them, it should be legal to beat them to death.
Sorry for your trouble...
If caught, they can be charged with leaving the scene of an accident. I'm pretty sure it's an arrestable offense.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no no , i wasnt joking about getting hit.. here's the pics..its not bad, at my cost from our bodyshop here in san diego its gonna be 850 total. thats pretty good considering customers price on just the front chrome piece is 750..

Attachments

·
Registered
455 Posts
That $ucks. Look at it this way. You may be the first person in history to own a 2007 Tundra to take claim to a hit and run.

What really $ucks is the fact your damage is probably close to your deductible, and it's an out of pocket expense. Never file a claim if it's under $2000 unless you want your rates to increase, or be put on the "red flag" list.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Man, Sorry to hear about the Hit and Run. Last year my wife ordered a BMW 330i; waited 10 weeks for delivery and the day she picked it up, some jack a$$ smashed the rear while PARKED in a parking lot! Take it to Phil Therals in La Mesa. They do high end cars there...

·
Registered
37 Posts
is there any way you can buff that out...ouch!!:( sorry i didnt see the dent..man i hate to see that happen to someone with a new truck:td:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
nah it had to happen between 1pm and 5pm, cause thats when i got home and went to leave again. its definitly coming from the rear moving forward... if you were up close its easy to tell. i think it has to be someone that lives around here cause i live on not a busy street. ive been checking cars around here for fresh damage and white paint....no luck so far:cry:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
nah it had to happen between 1pm and 5pm, cause thats when i got home and went to leave again. its definitly coming from the rear moving forward... if you were up close its easy to tell. i think it has to be someone that lives around here cause i live on not a busy street. ive been checking cars around here for fresh damage and white paint....no luck so far:cry:

·
Super Genius
920 Posts
Really sucks. Makes me sick to the stomach just reading this and seeing your pics. Don't feel too bad though. I had my brand new 2002 Tacoma just a few days and was on the way home from church. Saw a Ford speeding up behind me but I was boxed in at a red light. He hit me going about 40 and I saw it coming the whole time but couldn't do anything but brace for the impact. Turns out he was an illegal immigrant with an expired visa, forged passport, someone else's truck, and no insurance. :mad:

I had about $2k in damage but there had to be at least $5k to his crappy Ford since he hit my beefed up towing package. I was so mad / sick about that event that it took me a few weeks to get over the rage. Good thing he disappeared after the police released him - no telling what I would have done if he showed up in court... :devil:

With my new Tundra I always park very far away from everyone and everything. Some days it seems like it would have been easier to just park at home and walk to where I was going. I am installing my new camera system and will add a DVR soon so it can record interior and exterior while I am away. If some clown hits me while parked then he better be invisible or he will be tracked down and arrested - caught on tape! :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Wow...that sucks..I feel you Bro I got a dent at my door when I went out at Home Depot..Cost me $ 75 to fix it

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Damn! New vehicles seem to attract fools. Jealousy?
I'm in SD also; haven't seen another 07 Tundra. I know they exist, just haven't seen any. Small silver lining, you can get it fixed at cost. Hope you find the culprit.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
HAHAHAHHA VICTORY IS MINE! The chick that hit me felt bad and stepped up! :D i got quotes from our body shop and shes gonna pay to have the truck fixed! SWEET!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts