Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I decided to give my Sequoia a really good hand wash and I guess someone didn't like that. Between the time I was done in the afternoon and the next morning, someone decided they wanted to see how a nice fresh egg would look on the driver's side door and front fender. Must have been a pro egger because the alarm didn't go off. Go ahead and laugh it up guys! Seriously though, I'm kind of annoyed over this and hope that it was just an isolated incident and not going to repeat itself considering I just spent over 4 hours polishing and waxing the entire vehicle today. I only have a one car garage, usually Sequoia occupied, so my other vehicle is parked in the driveway for target practice.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Last week I decided to give my Sequoia a really good hand wash and I guess someone didn't like that. Between the time I was done in the afternoon and the next morning, someone decided they wanted to see how a nice fresh egg would look on the driver's side door and front fender. Must have been a pro egger because the alarm didn't go off. Go ahead and laugh it up guys! Seriously though, I'm kind of annoyed over this and hope that it was just an isolated incident and not going to repeat itself considering I just spent over 4 hours polishing and waxing the entire vehicle today. I only have a one car garage, usually Sequoia occupied, so my other vehicle is parked in the driveway for target practice.
I bet the egg came off nice and easy with that nice fresh coat of wax huh?? Glad you noticed it rite away because I was told on a sunny hot day the egg will cook rite on your paint....then try to get that off....:eek: Johnnnnny

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bet the egg came off nice and easy with that nice fresh coat of wax huh?? Glad you noticed it rite away because I was told on a sunny hot day the egg will cook rite on your paint....then try to get that off....:eek: Johnnnnny
Unfortunately it happened before I rubbed, glazed and waxed. I saw pieces of the egg shell on the driveway the day after but didn't really think much of it. I had guest staying over the weekend and it rained quiete a bit so I wasn't paying much attention and didn't notice it until a couple of days later. I think the rain and cooler temp helped as there was no etching and it came off easy.

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
cars paint + eggs = baaaaad.

i betcha there are tiny particals of eggshell that penatrated through and embeded itself into the paint. try looking at the affected area from several different angles and you will understand what im talkin about.

ask ts user brandon1 for some advice on it, he may have a few tricks for eggs.

at the very least, you should prolly clay the remaining egg particals out of the paint and then seal it with something.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

i betcha there are tiny particals of eggshell that penatrated through and embeded itself into the paint. try looking at the affected area from several different angles and you will understand what im talkin about.

at the very least, you should prolly clay the remaining egg particals out of the paint and then seal it with something.
Thanks for the advice. I went over the area really well with rubbing compound, a coat of glazing to seal, and then a good waxing.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts

I was talking to a friend today about this and how rite you are. My friend told me that someone hit his truck with a "FROZEN" egg a few years back. He told me that it went rite threw his paint job rite where the egg hit!!! He showed me a few pictures and it looks like it went rite threw to the metel!!!! :eek: Johnnnnnny

1 - 6 of 6 Posts