1,745 Posts
hovisimo said:
yes, drinking beer is a hobby.
Add that to my list!

·
mandzach
1,263 Posts
robertbick said:
My main hobby is flying my Powered Parachute ultralight aircraft. I also enjoyed building it. Attached are a few pics.

Bob
that is awsome man - nice pics :tu:

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I just had a grueling day on Saturday 4/3/04. Finshed my first 1/2 Ironman Distance triathlon (1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, 13.1 mile run). Even while sitting here in with my lower back and upper legs shot, I gotta say I loved ALMOST every miute of it.

I wouldnt say it was a hobby, its more a lifestyle. This is my first year doing Tri's and hopefully down the road ill end up in Kona.

·
Premium Member
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Far too many.....

4cranch said:
I think my problem with hobbies is that I have too many :eek:
That's what made me start this thread! You should see my garage...... :eek:

And to boot, I can't keep up with one of them.

Does anyone have a hobby of "organizing hobbies"? :p

sessiondrummer said:
Good thead. I'm not sure if you could call it a hobby or an obsession,...
Yes, obsession would definately apply as a hobby. :clown:

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Well, I've got my 65 Nova wagon thats almost driveable again, I've got a 66 Nova SS that's waiting its turn. I'm getting ready for our annual Kentucky Turkey hunt, my Howard Hill longbow has been neglected over the winter but with decent weather on the way I will start shooting again soon. My medieval swords and armor have suffered since work began on the car, but there is nothing like sparring with a real steel blade. And lets not forget the PS2 that fills in any time in between (when the wife's not playing!) And we also have been remodeling the home for the last 8 or 9 years or so- about a room a year. I think that pretty much fills up my days.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I play the bagpipes. I practice roughly 1-2 hours per day, and my family REEEEEALY enjoys my playing. :rolleyes: My family and I represent "Clan Wallace Society" at the Highland Games in Boise, Idaho and this year in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. I know what you're thinking, "I bet this guy wears a skirt"..... It's called a KILT! :cool:

My other vices include Hockey, hunting elk and mule deer with a recurve bow. Boise has an awesome trail system for mountain biking, so lately I have been spending many weekends on a mountain bike. That has cut into my flyfishing time, which used to consume most of my summer. In the cold winter months I enjoy woodworking in my garage.

All of this doesn't include the many toys that I have spent countless dollars on which mostly collects dust in my garage. I have to break those out once in a blue moon just to keep the wife off my back. :eek:

·
Registered
803 Posts
music music lotts of music. trumpet piano gutiar, have a studio where i make all kinds of weird music, techno, orchestrial u name it. also record bands in there, try to that is, lol. deep sea fishing, golf, rc cars, collect coins, my dads a truck mechanic so always been into trucks, its funn messin with all the old parts he brings back home, made a pretty ausm go cart when i weas younger. anything to do with cars i love. always usta build stuff with electric motors back when i had time, just love tinkering with stuff. proly more stuff just cant think of it right now.
matt

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Let's see if I can remember my current hobbies...

Tundra, guitar, wakeboarding, boating, hunting, paintball (off and on)

Maybe I'll remember more later. I feel like I'm forgetting something.

·
Registered
435 Posts
My newest hobby is airsofting. A shoot a Classic Army MP5 A3. I have horrible aim, but mimicing military operations is still fun even if I am laying there dead :). I play with SWAIRTAC, but am not a member.
www.swairtac.com

I also build 1/24 th model cars/trucks. My latest project is one of those huge trucks in the Dakar Rally: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=184717 I am ToyTundra

·
Registered
247 Posts
Any music/sports collectors out there?

Hi all,
Just curious if there are many music or sports memorabilia collectors out there and if so the favorite items in their collection. I personally collect various music stuff (especially QUEEN to which I have several signed items) and some signed sports stuff. :) :D :eek:

·
Registered
373 Posts
Sports Memorabilia

My favorite items:
* 1974 Texas Rangers Ball. Signed with the same blue ball point pen by the entire team. Includes two hall of famers...Fergie Jenkins and Billy Martin (Manager).
* Bat and Ball signed by Rollie Fingers
* Two Mark McGuire 1984 Topps Olympic Rookie Cards
* 1987 Beckett signed by McGuire

·
Registered
82 Posts
I collect Oklahoma Sooners stuff(I love my alma mater!!) Favorite items include....1975 Sports Illustrated autographed by Barry Swtizer, autographed book by Rocky Calmus, and my prized possesion...a two seat section of a bleacher removed when they remoldeled the stadium.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Music: Guitar Picks, Old "Picture" Discs,
Sports: Few Thousand Baseball Cards, Buccaneer Memorabilia, Autographs.

I have a Ricky Henderson Rookie card that IF it were in "Mint" condition, would be worth some $$. I also have photo of Daunte Cullpepper signing my daughters football.

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Coolest sports item I have is a Red Wings Jersy signed by the majority of the team back in '94. I have a few other sports autographs. Mostly San Jose Sharks and SF 49ers.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts