Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm now in the 07 Tundra club!!!

Just got back from picking up my 07 Tundra and all I can say is holy ****! I have the regular cab/short bed with the 5.7 of course, I had a chance to drive it about 50 miles interstate on the way home so I hammered on it really good. This thing does 110 before I even realize whats going on, I'm afraid to turn off the VSC, my tires will probley catch fire lol. Anyways I'm really freaking happy right now and will post up pics/videos during the week.

Bye, from a happy Tundra owner!

edit:
here's a crappy pic for now:

·
Registered
417 Posts
looks good and with that combo i bet it has some balls first thing i would do is take that big 5.7L badge off that way if wanna see what you got they wont know tell its too late :D

·
Registered
440 Posts
Very nice ride, more pics pls.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Re: I'm now in the 07 Tundra club!!!

Did you get the sports appearance package? The body colored grille and bumper looks sharp!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. BTW, 110 mph is about as fast as you can go. They have the governer set pretty low in these trucks.

·
Registered
440 Posts
apparently some cars are set to 115 or 120, but i don not know exactly why - speed rating on tires maybe?

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Pls post some pics. I've been trying to get this truck configuration but none in the area yet. Special order is what my dealers are saying. So for now all I can do is fantasize and drool.:cry:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Pls post some pics. I've been trying to get this truck configuration but none in the area yet. Special order is what my dealers are saying. So for now all I can do is fantasize and drool.:cry:
same here and now i've been told no special orders will be processed till may 22 and delivered after sept 7!!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the complements guys! Yeah I got the sport appearance package with the dealer added alloy wheels. Yeah, I've been waiting a while for this combination, one day I just checked their site and then all of a sudden they had 3 in stock, got my stuff together and got down there. My note will be about $350 on a truck they were asking almost $29,000 for. Pops talked em down to 26,500. They just did not want to deal, but they gave me full blue book for my trade in so that helped.

Anyways here's a few morning pics, this camera sucks. I'll try to do better later today:

·
Registered
186 Posts
I've hit 110 in my 4.7L with 2 bikes, all gear, and 2 adults, on a 2-lane highway.

I posted a thread, and even bumped it a few times to see if anyone had found the electronically limited top speed. No one responds.

Still don't know the top speed. My 2006 was limited at 104.

·
Registered
440 Posts
is yours a trd /limited /sports?

·
Registered
91 Posts

Great looking truck IMO. :tu: :tu:

Is it just me? But your truck reminds me a lot like the Storm Troopers from Star Wars.

LOL you are out there protecting the 'dark side' at warp speed for that matter.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've hit 110 in my 4.7L with 2 bikes, all gear, and 2 adults, on a 2-lane highway.

I posted a thread, and even bumped it a few times to see if anyone had found the electronically limited top speed. No one responds.

Still don't know the top speed. My 2006 was limited at 104.
Because no one cares about the 4.7 anymore :(

·
Registered
186 Posts
Because no one cares about the 4.7 anymore :(
that's cool, thought that might be it.

I thought we were here to discuss the new Tundra's...but sounds like some are here to discuss the new 5.7 engine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts