Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told by the local Toyota dealer that I would have to replace the whole Homelink console for the little bulbs that have gone out(around $500)....I have heard of some people getting them from a few dealers, which I in turn told the parts manager. He said they couldnt get a part number. I proceeded to ask him if he was just too lazy to find them for me. He even went as far as to tell me that I would not find those anywhere, and if I did, he would pay for them.

Well, I got them from my brothers friend who works for Toyota parts in California. It was sweet when the dealer shelled out the cash and a free service.:) Of coarse, he needed the part numbers.

Well, I thought to pass the part numbers to all:

BULB, W/CAP 90011-11038

I hope this helps everyone out.

With the part numbers, any dealer can order them for you.

·
Registered
28 Posts

·
Retired Contributor
2010 Tundra/2015 4 Runner/2007 Prius
5,942 Posts
I was told by the local Toyota dealer that I would have to replace the whole Homelink console for the little bulbs that have gone out(around $500)....I have heard of some people getting them from a few dealers, which I in turn told the parts manager. He said they couldnt get a part number. I proceeded to ask him if he was just too lazy to find them for me. He even went as far as to tell me that I would not find those anywhere, and if I did, he would pay for them.

Well, I got them from my brothers friend who works for Toyota parts in California. It was sweet when the dealer shelled out the cash and a free service.:) Of coarse, he needed the part numbers.

Well, I thought to pass the part numbers to all:

BULB, W/CAP 90011-11038

I hope this helps everyone out.

With the part numbers, any dealer can order them for you.
All Ya had to do was ask, I could have told you that.:D ;)
We stock them. $3.14 each

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does this bulb also fit the 2005 Tundra Homelink system? My local dealer keeps trying to sell me the whole system as well, and they said these bulbs aren't for the Tundra.

90011-11038:unsure:

·
Registered
195 Posts
That is good you have found the actual bulb. I have had very good luck with replacing them with a bulb from Radio Shack. They sell some small glass bulbs with long wires that are normally used for radio backlights.

I have just taken the old bulbs out of the small black plastic holder and then rewrapped the new bulb wires in the same way and cut off the excess. You can tell a difference using them in the instrument panel, but you can't tell a difference using them in the Homelink buttons.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I think I have found replacement bulbs through Mouser for cheap. I will update when I am sure.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Mouser Electronics part #560-DNW1DW10. Manufacturer is JKL, manufacturer part #DNW1-DW10.

$0.56 a piece + shipping, I ordered 10 and shipping was $7.30; total cost was $1.29 each.

They are not as long and do not have the black tube over the lamp, but they work fine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mouser Electronics part #560-DNW1DW10. Manufacturer is JKL, manufacturer part #DNW1-DW10.

$0.56 a piece + shipping, I ordered 10 and shipping was $7.30; total cost was $1.29 each.

They are not as long and do not have the black tube over the lamp, but they work fine.
I signed up just to provide an update. I ordered these bulbs for my 2006 Sienna and they worked fine, especially when compared to the $200 the dealer wanted to replace the 5 bulbs :)

I slid the black tubes off the old bulbs and slipped them on the new ones to reduce light bleed.

Also, the new bulbs are 15 ohms as compared to the OEM's 35 ohms which likely means they will be brighter when I check them later when it is dark.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Can someone please tell me if the E/M and Mode buttons should light up? Thank you.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yes, it should light up...all 5 buttons on the HoneLink should light up. When you take it down it's clear to see where the 5 bulbs go.

·
Registered
74 Posts

Thank you!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Okay, does the center diff lock switch on the dash next to the 4WD switches light up? How about anything on the mirror controls on the center console?

·
Registered
86 Posts

Thanks for the tip. I just bought 10 myself and will install them upon arrival. I've replaced the entire homelink module (bought off of ebay) due to the buttons breaking. I've had the unit apart before and have 1 question. Do I need to solder the bulbs or do they just 'snap' in?

TIA! Now I'm off to figure out how to fix the LED for "Drive" on the gear selector!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Do you have a bulb number? How did you know which one to use??

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I wanted to thank the person who listed the part numbers. I had all 5 of my bulbs out and just replaced them yesterday due to this post.

Thanks you!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Alright, so i had ONE bulb out and put it on the list of items to grab from a local yard. I found the homelink from the salvage sequoia and took all 5 bulbs out.

I get home and remove the ONE bulb that wasn't lit and replace it. No light. Grab another, no light. Grab another, no light. So i grabbed one of the good ones that was currently lit up and put it in the slot i was trying to fix. No light. Then took that bulb and put it back in it's original place, no light.

Am i doing something wrong here? I now have three lights out. The donor sequoia was an earlier model than mine but it looks like the same bulb.

Sorry to resurrect an old post.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is an old thread but I wanted to thank the original poster. I had three lights out of my five so I ordered the three bulbs and put them in. While doing so the other two went out,,,, just my luck.... I got the last two and put them in and now all my lights are working again.

Great site!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts