Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as to your opinions of hood deflectors on the Tundra. I was going to order one (I've had one on all my past trucks/SUVs) but now am thinking I won't bother. I think I like the clean look of the front without the deflector.

Hmmm....

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm thinking twice about getting one because it looks like there’s already a little one built in...I don't think that is what the "moustache" was intended for though.

·
Registered
324 Posts
wind delfectors :td:

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Just curious as to your opinions of hood deflectors on the Tundra. I was going to order one (I've had one on all my past trucks/SUVs) but now am thinking I won't bother. I think I like the clean look of the front without the deflector.

Hmmm....
Im not a huge fan of the deflectors either, but if you like the clean look and want ultimate protection have you considered a 3M bra? This guy did my whole front end and 9 out of ten people dont even notice it till I point it out to them. He did a perfect job and the bugs dont stand a chance, they just wipe right off. It protects against rock chips too. And as the pictures show its pretty much invisible once its on.

http://www.invincaman.com/default.htm

Attachments

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
it works...

·
Registered
213 Posts
Im not a huge fan of the deflectors either, but if you like the clean look and want ultimate protection have you considered a 3M bra? This guy did my whole front end and 9 out of ten people dont even notice it till I point it out to them. He did a perfect job and the bugs dont stand a chance, they just wipe right off. It protects against rock chips too. And as the pictures show its pretty much invisible once its on.

Invincaman.com - 3M Scotchgaurd, Invincashield, Paint Protection, Clear Bra
How much did that set you back? Pretty nice...:tu:

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
How much did that set you back? Pretty nice...:tu:

The whole job cost me $800. He was here for 6 hours and did a perfect job. He did the entire front end of my Limited including the whole front bumper, the hood as shown in the pictures, a 6" strip on the leading edge of the roof and inside my door sills.

I took a ton of pictures of the install and final product for people here to see. If you want, PM me your email and I'll send them your way.

Take care,

Mark

·
Registered
309 Posts
i must say after a 60 mile highway trip, i have never seen as many bugs on a windsheild then what i recieved on this new tundra...it was by far the worst ever, suggested, but it doesnt look great.

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
i must say after a 60 mile highway trip, i have never seen as many bugs on a windsheild then what i recieved on this new tundra...it was by far the worst ever, suggested, but it doesnt look great.
Like I said before, my formfit works. 800 mile round trip, over mountian passes, through the woods (Natl. Forest), through farm lands, hardley any bugs on the windshield. I drove through a huge cloud of dust and was able to see how the air flow was affected, right over the top of the cab.

My local dealer ship sells them, on sale for about 65 bucks.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Lund also has a hood shield for the Tundra for around $90.00. It does not touch the paint at all.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I'll pass on any hood deflector on this particular vehicle...it just does not look good to me.

·
Super Genius
920 Posts
Funny how the opinions vary here. I had a hood protector on my 02 Tacoma and got nothing but compliments from everyone. Most of the shields I have seen look pretty sharp including the form-fit model that MXSJW has. Even if you think they don't look perfect, they will look a lot better than chips in your paint, bugs on your windshield, or chips in your glass...

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
pass for me on the shield but maybe on the 3m film... just a little steep for price

I thought that at first too. But its actually a small investment. Consider that most of us here have no problem dishing out $33k and up for a pickup truck. I think $800 was a drop in the bucket to keep it looking perfect and to protect it from chips and bugs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts