Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 tundra SR5, and have about 1/4" of play in the hood when latched. it is a bit unnerving traveling down the highway and watching the hood "float up and down a bit. The four mounting bolts on the catch do not appear to have any adjustment. any ideas on how to adjust either the latch or hood ring that gets grabbed by the latch for a tighter fit. also the hood release has no resistance or pop when releasing the hood from inside the truck.

·
Registered
313 Posts
really wish i could help, but i have the same exact problem that i would LOVE to fix. my first thoughts were an adjustment too, but as you said, there doesn't seem to be any adjustment, and likewise on the hood release as well, no resistance, no pop, nothing. it was really bothering me on the 9.5 hour drive to school on wednesday. by the way, i am also driving a 2000 Tundra SR5.

somebody help us!

·
Registered
28 Posts
you can attempt to put some springs on the hood (not sure where they would rest at) so that it can provide some lifing resistance. another option is to add some foam to the hook so that it doesnt have the play to move around.

............this is if im understanding the question correctly.

·
Registered
525 Posts
open up your hood... and there are two rubber bushings on each side of the hood on the underside. unscrew them. that makes them come out further. therefore they will meet better with the fender when you close the hood.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2000tundra2wd - thank you, that did the trick. I saw them there but didn't realize they adjusted out. once adjusted it took all the play out and restored the POP when the hood release is pulled, down side is when adjusted to prevent play at the latch the edge of the hood is a bit proud of the fender over the turnsignals and headlight. I am sure I wont even notice in a week or so. I had a '65 TR4 A with the same type of ajustment system but it was a bit more obvious.

Thanks Again!

·
Registered
184 Posts
open up your hood... and there are two rubber bushings on each side of the hood on the underside. unscrew them. that makes them come out further. therefore they will meet better with the fender when you close the hood.
I've been wondering the same thing...my hood had a little bounce in it when driving on the highway...

This is exactly why I love you guys. Thanks for all the info!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts