Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im trying to install a new grill and I took the safety latch off now cant remember how to put it back....YEAH im an idiot.

I had no problem replacing my grille the 1st time so I though it was the new grille, I go to put my old grille back on and cant get the latch to fit properly. Nothing it broke, I just cant position the bracket back w/ the 2 screws on the grille. :mad:

can someone please take a picture of the safety latch for me. Thanks....and I know.. I SUCK.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let me know if you these work for you.

What grill are you installing?

<TUNDRA>
Thanks thats exactly what I needed to see (pic 1 & 2)....I dont get it when I swapped my OEM grille out to my Sports grille I didnt have any problems, I must be getting old. :D

The grille I was trying to install was a Paramount Restyling 8mm grille (42-0369) but there was MAJOR fitment issues. First theres no mounting spot for the safety latch bracket to mount to on the grilles itself....the 2 "legs" on the sides of the grille that rest on the bumper were not even close to stock, they were almost an 1" too high on the Paramount:

Sports grille legs:

Paramount grille legs:

Then theres the HORRIBLE 1/8" gaps on both sides where the grille met up w/ the hood, it was so bad I could fit a close hanger through it :mad::

Drivers Side Paramount on the left / Sports grille on the right

Drivers Side
Paramount on the left / Sports grille on the right

Passengers Side

Passengers Side

So after messing around w/ it there was no way to tweak it to get rid of the gap and I was bored and stuck the OEM grill back on and Im LOVING IT!! :devil: So Im back to stock.....for now. I'll go back out and try to put the safety latch back on, wish me luck this time. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK I got it back together....I put the bracket on the grille the wrong way. :)

THANKS AGAIN <TUNDRA>!!

·
Registered
739 Posts

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RCsTundra sorry for jacking thread, found something you may want let me know in case he/she does'nt want to ship, and i will pick them up for you and ship them to you :becky:
btw there black all weather mats

Tundra All Weather Mats Black

PM'ed ya....theyre for a '07. :(

Thanks again though for thinking of me!! :tu::tu:

·
Registered
739 Posts
sorry my bad

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry my bad
:D, its all good, its the thought that counts. :tu:

Maybe one of these days I'll get lucky and find a set. :rolleyes: Thanks again.....:tu:

·
Premium Member
2,829 Posts
RC that Paramount Grill is from AC. DC have longer legs on grill

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RC that Paramount Grill is from AC. DC have longer legs on grill

Its was listed under Paramount as a DC, legs aside it still fit like crap, glad I was able to return it. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts