Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I get it to stop? Manual is no help, and searching didn't do any good either.

I took the neg. off to do the t-belt.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no, but some how the problem resolved itself.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
34 Posts
For others searching for their alarm problems, would you please try to describe how it "resolved itself"?

I had that trouble with my P(iece of) T(urd) Cruiser. It turned out that there was a manual switch located in the dash - mounted directly aside the interior fuse panel.

·
Mech. Engr. / Mechanic
824 Posts
On my truck, the alarm automatically cancels and resets after 30 seconds, or I can press the unlock button on my remote to cancel the alarm.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think starting the truck did the trick.

I could not find it in the truck manual or the Chilton's.

I hate learning the in's and out's of a new vehicle.

·
Registered
567 Posts
i was dealing with a bad battery for a awhile before getting it replaced so i was always jumping my truck, and as soon as i would attach the other the truck the alarm would go off, scares the crap out of you the first time it does it, but i would just have the key fob ready to unlock the truck and the alarm would stop. it only seemed to happen to me when the battery would die will the doors where locked. so have the key fob handy to unlock the truck and you should be good to go.

one other issue i had jumping the truck is if you short across the battery you may blow the the throttle positioning fuse which will put the truck in limp mode. Drove the truck 7 miles at 9 mph and paid 115 dollars for the dealership to hook up there computer to replace a 30 cent fuse to figure that one out.

Andrew

·
Registered
126 Posts
If the alarm goes off with the immobilizer system, you shouldn't be able to start the car until the unlock button on the key faab is pressed, which deactivates the alarm. For the early model "red button alarms" (a small, red button that serves as manual disarming), you can call a dealership and they can walk you through the process of disarming the alarm and letting you start the car.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is that the red button to the lower left of the steering wheel?

·
Mech. Engr. / Mechanic
824 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts