Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I guess, I should have never went but I did. It was horrible. The best I could get was 13.6. I don't know if it was the track or what but everbody had horrible times. I got vids of a supercharged camaro that could only get a 13.2. The SRT-10 I raced had head work, cam, and nos,and could only get a 12.6. Not to mention my first past I threw my weights on my passanger side DR. and the rest of the night off the line I wheel hoped like crazy. But it is cool got to meet alot of intresting people, and beat a few mustangs. They were everwhere last night. There a few more if ya'll want to take a peek.

·
Banned
444 Posts
. I wouldn't even worry about that weight, It not like you really drive on the DR'S

Seen the Camero..

Heres you D/A at 8:00pm 2494

13.45 @ 103.139 MPH

Not to mention Track prep seemed bad, you had a lot of spinning ETC.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
O Yea!!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Not worth going to the track when its this hot.

·
Banned
444 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I won't make the same mistake twice.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I feel your pain, the heat combined with our humidity around here really sucks the performance out of our trucks. Plus the track prep didn't help either. I haven't had a chance to drive my truck in below 40degree weather since the supercharger and I'm really ready to see what it can do! We'll get something set up this fall or winter with a few of us S/C'ed guys.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
I was wondering if you guys were going to try it. My inlaws came in and believe me I would have rather sat out there in the heat with the humidity than what we did here last night. I know this dang heat kills the performance and then you are shoving the heated air on top of that down it's throat. I didn't figure there would be any good times. I saw where the Titan group is trying to get a group together when it cools down. I will try and keep up with that post and see if they post any dates.. Jason, what size DR's are you running? I have been looking and cannot find anything in the same size (275-65-18) that i have on the truck. I did talk with nitto and they gave me a little info, but of course they do not have anything near that size. Everything I find is 30" or shorter. I do figure that would bump our 430 rearend up to what??? At least a 455 and boost performance for the 1/4 mile. I don't know how the tranny would act with that short of a tire..

·
Back from the dead!
1,778 Posts
I feel your pain, the heat combined with our humidity around here really sucks the performance out of our trucks. Plus the track prep didn't help either. I haven't had a chance to drive my truck in below 40degree weather since the supercharger and I'm really ready to see what it can do! We'll get something set up this fall or winter with a few of us S/C'ed guys.
I drove in 30 degrees before... Man, this thing pulls crazy hard from 60 ^^^!! :D I had it up to 80, I floored it, and the speedo just jumped up to like 88 instantly.. :beavbutt:

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I drove in 30 degrees before... Man, this thing pulls crazy hard from 60 ^^^!! :D I had it up to 80, I floored it, and the speedo just jumped up to like 88 instantly.. :beavbutt:
Be careful there, 88mph is know to leave long black tire marks of fire on the road and lead to time travel :D I envy you tho, I'm just hoping that a cold front will come through here any day now! And that sounds good zeeya, let us know what the titan guys do so we can go rain on their parade lol

·
Banned
444 Posts
We need to find a time where we can get out Da in the negatives. Gutz over there has got the [email protected] level. maybe this FALL: Track closes november so it still will be like 60's

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was wondering if you guys were going to try it. My inlaws came in and believe me I would have rather sat out there in the heat with the humidity than what we did here last night. I know this dang heat kills the performance and then you are shoving the heated air on top of that down it's throat. I didn't figure there would be any good times. I saw where the Titan group is trying to get a group together when it cools down. I will try and keep up with that post and see if they post any dates.. Jason, what size DR's are you running? I have been looking and cannot find anything in the same size (275-65-18) that i have on the truck. I did talk with nitto and they gave me a little info, but of course they do not have anything near that size. Everything I find is 30" or shorter. I do figure that would bump our 430 rearend up to what??? At least a 455 and boost performance for the 1/4 mile. I don't know how the tranny would act with that short of a tire..
Hey Zeeya2000 I had to buy a set of rims for the back and then put the Nitto 305/45/18 on them and it does help on 1/4 mile times. But I also got me some tires to match the front so I wouldn't look like I'm fixing to do some star gazing with the front end up in the air. And the Titan thing is a good idea to keep up with. Love me some titan.:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts