Toyota Tundra Forums banner

Houston OFF ROAD MEET?!?!?!?

19K views 24 replies 7 participants last post by  will4533 
#1 ·
I wouldnt mind meeting up a bunch of guys at a trail in the Houston Area.

If anyone has a good trail in mind lets go.

We could do it on a Saturday or Sunday. Theres a place off of Beltway 8 and 249 (north side of Houston)

Its actually City land but ive been going there for about 5years or so.
Its a decent size property There arent any trails but there is a huge field. THere are some pretty steep grades to go down and come up. Theres a pretty thick mud pit there as well if someone really wants to test out their mud terrains. I took a buddy at work there and he has an FJ and he liked it a lot. Anyone want to go? If you dont want to get muddy you dont have to. It is mainly dirt driving. in actuality i usually dont get any mud on my truck when i go out there b/c its mostly sand. But that sand does get all over the truck but washes off very easy. Ill try to take some pics if i go out there this weekend to give everone an idea of what it is.

I think it would be fun. Any stock 2wd truck could come here. Its not anything serious. If its after a hard rain it might be a little tough for a 2wd truck. (no worries though i could easily pull you out unless your driving an 18wheeler)

See less See more
#2 ·
I would not mind getting off road. I am 2 wheel drive but it doesn't matter. I have already been down to San Louis pass and tested her in the sand with a bunch of donuts and a flat tire.....fun.

#4 ·
Cool, yeah hopefully some more people will post up.

#6 ·
Not far from there in Cypress, looks like a pretty tough Saturday due to the weather though for this weekend anyway.

#7 ·
We could probably go on Sunday if the weathers not too bad. The place im talking about is on Beltway 8 and Hwy 249.
Its actually city land but no ones out there on Sundays. Its not an actual off road place but ATV's and trucks go out there. I always see an ATV out there.

If its rainy a 2wd will definitely get stuck but if you have a tow strap it shouldnt be a problem.

Brady Bunch do you have a 4wd or 2wd?

It would be nice if we had at least one other 4x4 just incase.

The place i am talking about isnt huge its fairly big. to go around the whole outskirts would take 15minutes or so depending on the conditions but there would defintely be enough stuff to test out your truck and see its capability. If you guys wanna do this on Sunday let me know. Theres a possiblity i might be leaving town but i doubt it.

Im busy Saturday and if we go Sunday we could meet up at noon or something. I might have a few friends in non toyota's join us if they want.

#9 ·
249 and beltway. If you are going east on the beltway you exit right before 249 and its a huge piece of land to the right hand side.

Its a more then a hundred acres or maybe even larger. There are dirt roads all throughout it that will be fairly muddy right now. Anything off the road the general dirt roads and you will need 4wd when its wet for sure. They have also been doing construction on one end of it as well so there are some really muddy areas as well. Theres this one area thats a huge gravel mountain the city uses.

the tundra made it up to about 20ish feet from the peak. I had no traction and at the angle i was i couldnt see the floor.-Ididnt want the loose gravel to tear up my paint so i didnt give it too much gas. id guess the pine is 100ft high.

This place is pretty nice to test out your vehicle and learn what your limits are.

#10 ·
If anyone wants to meet we can meet at the Exxon thats off the corner of Beltway and 249.
I am free only on Sunday anytime. Preferably noon.
going east bound on beltway 8 exit before 249 and the gas station is on your right and is on the corner of 249 and beltway 8. There is an exxon on both sides of the freeway so its easy to ge them confused.

#11 ·
Doesn't look like I will be able to make it, if things change I will just show up.

#13 ·
I'm gonna try and make it around noon
My Sunday plans may be falling through, I will know in 30 min. or so. whether I can make it out.

#14 ·
With all the rain I should bring my all purpose bike out. This is what happend to me last time I was off roading. :tu:

#16 ·
Na that is out near lake Houston. I have never been out to this place y'all are going today. I might have to ride with one of you guy's because my 2wd is not going to cut it after all the rain.

#17 ·
Okay I am going to meet at the Exxon Tundra786 referred to at noon. I am not sure if my truck will do it but I am going to go and see what it is like.
I am heading out right now, I have to run a quick errand so I should be there about noon.

#18 ·
Well its not an Exxon ... its Shell :rolleyes:

And for those that have 2wd I strongly suggest you not go driving around unless you have a friend with a 4x4. I went out there and met up with dbdolan, its a shame you didnt have 4wd it was fun sliggin mud around. That hole is cool but your limited on where you can go because of the gates and fences that are up to prevent anyone from driving out there .... unless someone has bolt cutters.

Nothing impressive but it was fun to get out and get some mud on the truck, it was a 1st for her ...

Okay I am going to meet at the Exxon Tundra786 referred to at noon. I am not sure if my truck will do it but I am going to go and see what it is like.

#19 ·
It was good to meet you and your wife? It was too nice of a day to sit inside, it was a beautiful day for a joy ride. I was chicken to take my 2wd out in that mud hole so I watched Brady Bunch sling some mud. Hung out for a few and then went and washed the truck and picked weeds out of the flower beds.
I snapped a couple of pics of Brady Bunch, I like the lift and the nice meats...good looking truck.

Leaving a mud trail.

I need a 4x4.....I am missing out on all the fun. Any one want to trade me.:D

#20 ·
Nice to meet you too Brian. Not my wife yet, when ever I quite spending money and buy her a ring ... LOL. Go trade your truck in for a 4x4 ;)

It was an extremely nice day to be out. I just got back in spending almost 2 hours cleaning the truck, next time I will make the 2 hours of cleaning worth playing in the mud.

#21 ·
Sorry i couldnt make it out fella's i got stuck with a few problems i had to take care of and a few family things. My internet was out at the house and just got up today as well.

Nice to see you guys had a good time.

#25 ·
i just purchased a 11 DC 4x4 and been eager to put this baby to the test. please create a blog to see when we can all go and get these babys dirty!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.