Toyota Tundra Forums banner

501 - 505 of 505 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
An x pipe implies that you’re going to run dual exhaust. And asking to reuse the stock y pipe implies you’re using a single exhaust.

You’ll want to use a single exhaust if you’re running the stock exhaust manifolds.

Please feel free to give a call. I’m happy to help engineer the perfect exhaust system for your situation.

Keith 760-877-4234
Thank you Keith, I've only ever replaced an exhaust.. And it was on a 98 Honda accord haha I will be calling you soon so I can figure out what the heck I'm doing! Thanks again!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Okay, so I've been reading through most of the 51 pages of this thread to a point that I now have a headache. I'm going to be putting a new muffler on my 04 DC in a week or two and trying to figure out what muffler to use. It's going to stay all stock to the muffler. I don't want to loose HP or torque. I have a 40 series flowmaster now that is 2.5" in 2.5" out (pretty sure it hurt my low end). I'm wandering what my best muffler option is and what diameter?? Not sure flowmaster style is the way to go. Maybe a 2.25" straight through style like a Dynomax race magnum? Help!

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Great thread!

I've got an 2006 DBL cab that is in need of some exhaust work, noticed a hole about the size of a quarter where a support broke off.

Previously I had 3" cat back and don't even remember what muffler was put on when it was done. I tow a boat and am going to be hauling a 1600LB (I have airbags and load rated tires) pop up slide in truck camper around. Kind of always felt the 3" robbed some power and torque from the truck.

What would the proper set up be for a truck doing this? I want to do it right and will spend the $ for it.

501 - 505 of 505 Posts