Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a slow leak of AT fluid at the tailshaft seal in my '04 LTD DC.

Is this beyond the capability of a moderately decent home mechanic, or is it something that requires shop tools and specialties?

And what might it cost to have the dealership repair it? Guesstimates and experience-based reports are appreciated.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I have done this repair to an older jeep I had. I removed the driveshaft and used a seal puller and replaced the seal. That said, I cannot speak from experience about toyota transmissions. anyone else??

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Ok you can repair it yourself and I've attached a copy of the shop manual outlining the process. I hope this helps you out. The same thing happened to me when my truck was new and a tsb covered it under warranty.

Attachments

·
Registered
541 Posts
^ +1 It's not a hard job to do at all. Just make sure that you determine where the leak is actually coming from. I have seen, on more than one ocassion ,that the leak was really coming from the front yoke on the driveshaft and not the tail shaft seal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.