Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which colored wire do I ground to disable the TPMS on my 2006 sequoia? I was told that it is the pink wire without the black stripe but alas there is no pink wire without a black stripe. I am so tired of this annoying dash light and the need to reset after temperature changes, worn out batteries etc.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I need to do this to mine as well. I asked them to take out the TPMS sensors on Friday when I got new tires but they didn't. I haven't pulled the cluster, but could you just remove the light bulb?

·
Registered
10 Posts
There are instructions for a Tundra, but I can't locate them for our Sequoias. Seems easy, but I don't want to clip/ground the wrong wire. Any direction here would be lovely.
(2005 Limited)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
10 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/1gen-sequoia/229119-tpms-mod/?nocache=1435789300417

"well I did it and it took about 30-45 minutes. the only difference is the wire is not pink with silver stripes. the wire you need to cut and ground is silver with a blue stripe. I no longer am worrying about that stupid blinking light!"

I would assume all Gen1 Sequoias are the same but just in case, for reference mine is 2005 Toyota Sequoia Limited Luxury Package 4x4

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
This is also correct for my 2006 Sequoia SR5, worked exactly as shown the these pictures(only difference of course is wire color silver with blue stripe on Sequoias):

Gallery Message - Photo Gallery

No more blinking Light!

I will add there is a bracket holding the TPMS ECU that can be accessed by removing the trim around the stereo, which if removed(10mm deep socket) will allow much easier access to the plug in back of ECU that must be removed.

Should have done this along time ago!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I did this to my 2005 Limited and my module was brown not black. The wire to use was a gray with a blue stripe (NOT a pink wire with silver which mine didn't even have). I did the modification the same way using that wire and the light is GONE...Excellent cheap modification!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Maybe I'm missing something... Why not just pull the bulb in the dash? Then if you sell the vehicle and the new owner (or you later) wants to enable the system, all that needs to be done is replace the bulb.

Does the TPMS/ system do more than illuminate the light on the dash when there's a pressure variance?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Maybe I'm missing something... Why not just pull the bulb in the dash? Then if you sell the vehicle and the new owner (or you later) wants to enable the system, all that needs to be done is replace the bulb.

Does the TPMS/ system do more than illuminate the light on the dash when there's a pressure variance?
This was the first thing I tried but quickly discovered the TPMS light is an LED that is permanently soldered to the gauge cluster main board. Personally I just didn't want to try removing it for fear of damage. Also it would be much easier to simply reconnect the wire if so desired. I think this may apply only to 05-07 models, pre-"facelift" models may have a conventional bulb...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Ahhh. I WAS missing something. It all makes sense now.

Agreed, reconnecting a wire is easier than soldering back in a LED.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks to all who helped me avoid road rage caused by that dangled light. Took me about 20 minutes and the light is off. Good info and the pics were most helpful. Kudos

·
Registered
63 Posts
When you unplugged the connector from the TPMS module and cut the gray with blue stripe wire, where do you go from there? Connectors, wire to ground, etc... I kind of need a little more explanation than the thread that you got your info from. How much wire you need, what kind of wire, what connector, which end to ground and all that good stuff...thanks...

·
Registered
63 Posts
this would be on my 2006 Sequoia btw

·
Registered
25 Posts
Once you cut the wire all you need to do is to ground it to the vehicle somehow. There are several ways to do this, but I just took a small piece of scrap wire I had laying around, crimped on a butt connector which I connected to the wire I just cut. I made sure it was long enough to reach a screw/bolt (can't remember exactly where but you'll find one if you look) and crimped on a small ring connector I then attached to the screw. Dinosaur posted pics to his album. They are backwards from end to beginning but they should help. See link below:

Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum - Dinosaur's Album: TPMS warning light mod

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have an 05 sr5. Just did this last night. Cut the gray/blue wire. Use the side that is going to the harness not the connector. I used the mounting screw for the tpns module to ground it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ok so I'll just leave the wire hanging out of the connector that goes into the TPMS module and then ground the other end to one of the screws?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yes. The side that is hanging out of the connector you leave alone. Other side is grounded. I left a few inches of wire on the connector side just in case I sell the car, I cause a butt crimp to reconnect it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts