Toyota Tundra Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
alright so I have everything together and when I looked at it I couldn't get the connector out. Is the clip on the bottom on the connector? I was trying to pull with what hand and fingers I could get in there but to no avail. I figured if I could get a screwdiver to "unclip" the connector and then try to pull it out somehow that may work. What did everyone end up doing to get that connector out of the module?

·
Registered
124 Posts
I had the A/C panel out and that gave me access to the screw that holds the module / bracket in place. Once you get that screw out pull the module towards you. Then open the glove box and remove the upper cover. It is held in by 3 screws. This gives you access to hold and remove the connector from the module.
Once the connector is removed, I just pulled it out towards the A/c panel. This had the most room to work with.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Did it tonight guys, thanks for all of the help. It was easy once you get it disconnected, but getting there was a bastard...

·
Registered
7 Posts
http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/1gen-sequoia/229119-tpms-mod/?nocache=1435789300417

"well I did it and it took about 30-45 minutes. the only difference is the wire is not pink with silver stripes. the wire you need to cut and ground is silver with a blue stripe. I no longer am worrying about that stupid blinking light!"

I would assume all Gen1 Sequoias are the same but just in case, for reference mine is 2005 Toyota Sequoia Limited Luxury Package 4x4

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Another happy tpms disabler. I followed the above instructions and they worked great. Here are a few notes from my experience...
  • I have a 2006 Sequoia Limited
  • As stated above the wire in question was silver with a blue vertical stripe.
  • my tpms module was orange
  • I added about a 4 inch section of wire to the non connecter side of the wire and connected it to the screw that holds the TPMS module mounting bracket.
  • I do recommend taking off your radio/climate control bezel. It's so easy to remove there is no reason you shouldn't do it. Just 1 screw at the top of each air vent then the bezel pops out.
Thanks to all the posters who have contributed.

·
Registered
55 Posts
hi, everyone-

i just did this on mine (stupid blinking light) and wanted to note a few differences on mine (05 limited) in case it may help someone else.

i could not see the module with the climate control bezel removed. the air suspension (black) and 4WD (green) modules were directly behind the climate controls. i finally found the TPMS module tucked up high behind the top of the glovebox. i removed the glovebox door and the upper glove box plastic cover (3 screws). i was able to reach the TPMS module and fish it over to the opening made by removal of the A/C bezel. it was not mounted to a bracket.

instead of cutting the wire (gray w/ blue stripe), i added an in-line splice and added a short piece of wire to a grounding screw. i figured it would be easier to reverse this because I could just cut the new ground wire rather than trying to re-crimp the original wire back to the module.

·
Registered
11 Posts
So simply removing the sensors from the rims/tires and storing them in glovebox wont get rid of the light? I also found mention of a receiver behind the trim panel back by the rear hatch. Will disconnecting this turn off the tpms light?

·
Registered
2 Posts
So simply removing the sensors from the rims/tires and storing them in glovebox wont get rid of the light? I also found mention of a receiver behind the trim panel back by the rear hatch. Will disconnecting this turn off the tpms light?
No, because the sensors read air pressure.

I'm going to do this mod later today, I'm tired of the light in the dash and I check my tire pressure every couple weeks and do a visual almost every time I walk to my truck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone! I have a 2007 sequoia limited 2WD. I did the mod, exactly step by step, but my low tire pressure light still comes on!! Discount tire used their scanner and said ALL 5 sensors were dead. Instead of paying $300+ dollars, I did the disconnect mod. But the stupid light still comes on (solid not blinking). Anyone know what the hell is wrong??
I saw a YouTube where the guy split the gray/blue wire AND the white with black wire. Thoughts??

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this thread is getting old, but I'm another failure case looking for answers. 2007 Sequoia Limited 4WD. The fix made perfect sense - cut the grey wire with the blue stripe on it and grounded it to the bolt that secures the TPMS module. I actually tried other grounds just to be sure that wasn't it. What I notice...

Now that it's grounded, the TPMS light does NOT come on immediately with the ignition (like it did previously), but it does come on after about 5 seconds... blinks for what seems like forever (but is probably more like 1 minute)... then goes solid.

Any ideas guys???

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this thread is getting old, but I'm another failure case looking for answers. 2007 Sequoia Limited 4WD. The fix made perfect sense - cut the grey wire with the blue stripe on it and grounded it to the bolt that secures the TPMS module. I actually tried other grounds just to be sure that wasn't it. What I notice...

Now that it's grounded, the TPMS light does NOT come on immediately with the ignition (like it did previously), but it does come on after about 5 seconds... blinks for what seems like forever (but is probably more like 1 minute)... then goes solid.

Any ideas guys???
I have a 2007 SR5 and did the exact steps. My came out exactly like your, ie the light comes on AFTER 5 seconds or so. It flashes like forever then goes solid. Have you figured out a way?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Anyone tried just removing all 5 sensors from the truck? I I swapped non TPMS equipped wheels onto my 07 and I figured I would have the light going nuts but it never came on.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts