Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're looking at getting a crewmax. We have 4 kids. Anyone have any experience putting 4 kids in a crewmax with them? How squished will my 8 or 9 year old be in the front between us? Leg room?

·
Banned
444 Posts
I know my double cab seats one perfectly.

pretty sure there's a console in the front of a tundra.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
The front bench seat is wide. I think a 8/9 yr old up there in the center would be fine.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I was looking into a bench vs the bucket seats and ended up with the buckets. While the middle seat isn't the most comfortable, there is plenty of room for your daughter. Once she gets older, then it may start to get a little tight up in front.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I'll state the obvious... :) Take them all to the dealer and put them in, exactly as you'll ride (include car seats), and go for a long test drive.

·
Registered
158 Posts
We routinely travel with 6 in the cab for 200mile trips, no one has ever complained about lack of comfort, tried the mid front myself, its a little snug for the legs, but then I'm 6ft and 200lb.

·
Registered
530 Posts
My CM fits 5 comfortably with a center console, but I wouldnt buy any Tundra if you are constantly going to be rolling 6 deep....

Your kids are going to grow and everybody is going to be smooshed.

Get a Sequoia.

·
Registered
420 Posts
The front seats are the same in all the trucks there is no real bench seat in the Tundra, the only difference is the center console.
I take 6 in my truck all the time, the middle front seat is fine for anyone 5' or under.

·
Registered
754 Posts
The front seats are the same in all the trucks there is no real bench seat in the Tundra, the only difference is the center console.
I take 6 in my truck all the time, the middle front seat is fine for anyone 5' or under.
what do you mean no real front bench seating? You could always order one to have front bench seating vs the buckets. Good info to know in all these posts I have a front bench seating tundra crewmax on order. Plan to fit 6 all the time..the squioia just dont cut it with towing around tools so a tundra it is...:tu:

·
Registered
420 Posts
what do you mean no real front bench seating? You could always order one to have front bench seating vs the buckets. Good info to know in all these posts I have a front bench seating tundra crewmax on order. Plan to fit 6 all the time..the squioia just dont cut it with towing around tools so a tundra it is...:tu:

The driver seat and passenger seat are the same bucket seats that come in all the trucks the only difference is the center console, I have a couple pictures in my album.
I ordered my CM with the "bench" seat, love it.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I have a crewmax with the bench seat and I could fit 6 people in there, but only for short trips. You could always put some in the bed! If I had 4 kids I would run away. Just kiddin I would look at something with a third row seating.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I have had 6 adults in for a short ride. It works. I also put 4 adults and 2 kids, 11yr old in the front middle,60 miles was the longest ride like that. IMO i would try to never have buckets again. the bench is the way to go. Also, when you need a truck, you need a truck. Its a bummer when you load fire wood into an SUV only to find out it was loaded with ants.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I have had 6 adults in for a short ride. It works. I also put 4 adults and 2 kids, 11yr old in the front middle,60 miles was the longest ride like that. IMO i would try to never have buckets again. the bench is the way to go. Also, when you need a truck, you need a truck. Its a bummer when you load fire wood into an SUV only to find out it was loaded with ants.
LMAO :D I hear ya on that one...looading wood into a suv is a NO NO...oh man that made me laugh too hard.

·
Registered
655 Posts
talk about a long ride home!!!lol

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Good to know many have had success with the "bench" set up front. I have a 8, 6, 3 y/o and 5 month old so I'll always have someone little enough for the middle :) I just hope it's comfortable for long trips.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Another good thing about the bench, just remove the middle seat headrest and it is a huge console. I always forget I got a bench seat, got to love the large console. Me and my girl can share the console and she is not in my space!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Does the front middle seat slide? If so, is it attached to the driver's seat? I'm still waiting for the dealer to get one in so I can check it out.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Does the front middle seat slide? If so, is it attached to the driver's seat? I'm still waiting for the dealer to get one in so I can check it out.
The center seat does not slide.
Where is MA are you? I am on the northshore, PM me if you want to take a look at my truck, I ordered it without seeing one, I was pleasantly surprised.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts