Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like the title says, I am trying to figure out how to clear the maint. req. light on my dash.

Oh, it's a 2006 double cab.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Its in you manual, please read it :) I don't know off the top of my head, I have a sticky note in my manual marking the page, go through the procedure every time you get your oil changed. It's something like while holding in the odometer button turn the truck onto "iginition" but don't start. The display will show zeros and count down, then flash.

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
Make sure odometer reads actual mileage. Turn truck off.
Push and hold trip reset button and turn key to "ON"

Mileage will display 0's that count down. Once the actual mileage appears, maintenance light is reset.

It is in your manual.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Make sure odometer reads actual mileage. Turn truck off.
Push and hold trip reset button and turn key to "ON"

Mileage will display 0's that count down. Once the actual mileage appears, maintenance light is reset.

It is in your manual.
Cool, thank you. I didn't say it wasn't in the manual, I just got tired of looking after 20 mins.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Just like the title says, I am trying to figure out how to clear the maint. req. light on my dash.

Oh, it's a 2006 double cab.

Thanks
page 187, paragraph "O" turn ignition key to acc or lock position with the odometer reading shown , then turn on ignition key while holding down the trip meter reset knob hold down the knob for at least 5 seconds the odometer will indicate 000000000 and the light goes off if light fails to reset try again but follow instructions better than i typed them! once ya get the hang of it you will see it every 4500-4700 miles telling you to change your oil. Tape would be the alternate method! hehe!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
:tu::ts:

·
Registered
399 Posts
Talked to the dealer close by about it, he said toyota has the light programmed to come on every 5000 miles so if the place u did ur oil change never reset it it'll come on

·
Registered
796 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the light will come on for 3 seconds then go off when your truck reaches 4,500 miles..then after 5,000 miles it will stay on contantly..

again for anyone having trouble resetting the light as said above in other posts make sure you have your odometer set on odometer(actual mileage on the truck) and NOT trip A or B !!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts