Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone write up directions on how to take apart the headlight housing so I can paint the plastic part? I've heard of people doing it but I'm not sure how. Any instructions? Pictures? Thanks y'all.

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
Usually it involves low heat in an oven to soften the glue. There is a complete thread to this end in the Gen 2 forum. Contact Erki in the Gen 1 forum....he knows how to do it.

·
Premium Member
2,829 Posts
I've preheated my oven to 250*F and put my headlight (one at the time) for 10 minutes exactly. After 10 minutes in oven they open up with out any issues.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ughh... I just realized that my 02 doesn't have that extra lip in the headlight that you took off and painted, it's instead a whole piece. Any ideas on what I can do?

My 2002 Headlight:td:

Erika's 2005-2006 Headlight:afro:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also seeing your profile reminded me that you put that Tundra emblem infront of your truck, I went around my truck and the previous owner debaged my truck. :-( I want your truck... haha. But yeah hopefully someone will give me some ideas. I was also thinking about buying the 05 headlights but I don't know if it'll connect right up since you have that extra light and I don't.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts