Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to remove the center console. I found 4 bolts in the storage compartment and 2 fasteners one on either side up near floorboard at the front of the console. How do I release the fasteners and are there any other fasteners or bolts that need to be removed?

Thanks.

Monte

·
Registered
126 Posts
It's not really any of my business, but why are you removing it?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just bought the truck. The previous owner was less the careful about keeping it clean; I would like to take the carpet out to clean and remove some stains. I would like to add some sound deadening to the floor pan and need to run some wires for a brake controller. I think I am going to mount it in the cubby space between the lighter and aux power outlet.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Youre half way there. There are 4 10mm bolts on the bottom of the console, then the 2 that you have already found up under the front by the dash. You'll need to pull out the cup holder section (no screws) by lifting from the back by the little courtesy light. Pull the cup holder section up and then back and out, this will keep you from scratching the cig. lighter piece. Next you'll see there is a plastic phillips screw holing the silver shifter section in place. Close to that there are I think 2 10mm bolts holding the front of the console to the center shifter section. After they are out the console just lifts right out.

Hope that helps

p.s. Truck should have a pre-wired harness for the brake controller already. Check the glove box.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have removed the cup holder but I do not see a silver shifter section or any additional screws or bolts. The cup holder sits in an enclosed black plastic compartment. I must be missing something in your instructions. Also the two fastener up front by the dash--are they the type that have a center pin that push pulls or do they release in some other manner.

·
Registered
987 Posts
remove the cupholders, then open the lid of the console. You will see a seam on either side of the front edge. The portion that the latch goes into is a separate piece. Lift up at the latch hole, the entire thing up to the dash will lift up. Its held in place by pressure clips. After you get that out, there are bolts that can be removed to take the rest out.

If you go into the DIY section and watch the video on the sirius install you will see what I mean.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Yeah, what he said ^^^ I should have been more specific, the entire cup holder assembly needs to come out. The two plastic screws on the bottom by your feet have a phillips head on them. Turn them to the left to loosen and then they should pop right out.

Grab the cup holder assembly back by the center storage lid latch hole and lift it up, then back. If its the first time taking it out it will be a tight fit and need a good tug, but the next time it will pop out easier.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts