Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with replacing the Integration Relay on a Tundra?
I have been having trouble with my power door locks and seem to have determined that my integration relay is faulty.
I would desperately like to replace this myself but can not find out any information on how easy/hard it is to do.
Is this a "DIY" type of job :) or do I have to pay the dealership the "big bucks" :cry: to do it?
If anyone has any information on how I might be able to complete the project myself, please let me know.

·
Premium Member
1,769 Posts
I don't know much about the integration relay, but I looked it up in "relaylocations.pdf". On the 05, it's near the fuse panel on the driver's side in the cab. I would assume it can be snapped out, but I'm not sure.

·
Premium Member
2,388 Posts
tundraboy27909 said:
Still looking for ideas on whether the integration relay can be replaced easily. Does anyone know where I can get the information on how to do this?
The Toyota shop manual shows the integration relay being located in the junction block just below the fuse panel at the lower left dash panel. I just went out to the garage and looked into the fuse panel and it look like the lower dash panel has to come off and the junction block assy unbolted to look at the backside of it. That's all I can tell without tearing mine apart and the manual didn't seem to have any more definition. If you're extremely flexible you might be able to hunker under the dash just below the hood release and look upward or use a mirror. The junction box is white in color and about four inches wide and eight inches deep and the fuses are in the upper portion of it.

Larry

·
Premium Member
2,388 Posts
nhparrot said:
Toyota Service Manual doesn't say either, probably just disconnect battery, unplug connectors and remove
You are remarkable Glenn :cool: with coming up with the data pages like you do. I thought about scanning them from my manual into a file but had other irons in the fire so I just tried to explain what I could see from the book. Plus you found info I didn't even see.

Larry

·
Registered
375 Posts
Some things to note:

1. You're about to get sticker shock, so sit down when you get the price

2. Removal of the circuit board (the integration relay is actually the circuit board behind the fuses) requires a bit of finessing and knowledge of how the components go together. The main connector is fairly tight and if you don't know what you're doing, you'll most likely destroy something (the circuit board, connector, etc.).

3. I'd make **** sure that it really is the integration relay. From first hand experience, it is rather difficult to actually check the internal relays externally. The test points are simply not available to test the coils and outputs of each individual relay on the intergration relay.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does anyone know if I order a new fuse box, if the integration relay is built into it? It looks like the fuse box assembly is all one part with the integration relay built in.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Does anyone know if I order a new fuse box, if the integration relay is built into it? It looks like the fuse box assembly is all one part with the integration relay built in.
I nearly had to replace mine due to a leaking windshield allowing water to enter the J/B and integration relay. The dealer wanted ~$220.00 for the part and needed a day to get it. I removed it and took it apart and dried it out and re-installed it and it has been 2 months with no more problems. But anyway the dealer said it was all one assembly. Not sure if he was right. Good luck.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You don't happen to know the Toyota part number for it?
How hard is it to replace?
I assume you just unplug the connectors from the back of the assembly and plug the new one in.

·
Registered
22 Posts
You don't happen to know the Toyota part number for it?
How hard is it to replace?
I assume you just unplug the connectors from the back of the assembly and plug the new one in.
I had the number but I've since discarded it. It was not difficult at all to remove. Need to remove the lower panel under the steering wheel and lay out of the way. Unplug the connectors which are all different so you can't mix them up and remove the 2 bolts holding it in. Also had to remove a relay located on the back end of the J/B.

·
Banned
622 Posts
The integration relay should be a seperate part number by itself and should not be that hard to remove. I saw the relay available on an LED website, but it's only for when you switch your blinkers to use LED bulbs.

Flasher Specifications

The last one at the bottom - CF18-08 looks like its a replacement for Toyota Part # 81980-50030. I swear the pins are the same that are found on the Tundra.

That comes up as a "flasher" when I google it. There were some threads on yotatech that referenced that part, but they dont work anymore.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Just to avoid any further confusion -

The integration relay is an integral part of the fuse box. It is not a separate relay like for the fog lights etc. The integration relay is actually a circuit board that has to be removed from inside the fuse box. In other words, the replacement part is actually a circuit board, not a relay. To add to the confusion, yes, there are actual relays soldered to the circuit board. I'll try to post some pictures later if I have time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok,
Since no one has officially said how to actually replace this, I'll give my input.
I currently have a Solara that the lights turn back on after the dome light timer times out.
The integration relay is a white plastic box on the back of the fuse block.
It does not require removing the fuse block to get it off.
It is a white plastic box approx 3" x 5" and approx 1.5" thick.
To remove it turn yourself upside down under the dash, and look up behind the fuse block.
You will see two connectors one which is large with approx 10 wires in it, and a small one with 4 or so.
Push in the locking tab, and remove the two connectors.
Now just slightly to the right you will see a locking tab that latches the integration relay box to the back of the fuse block.
Pull up the tab to loose the bottom from the fuse block.
Now either by pulling and/or prying with a large screw driver, the entire integration block pops out of the fuse block toward the front of the vehicle. Just like unplugging a big giant relay. Be careful not to apply too much upward or angled stress on the assembly. The direction is out away from the fuse block.
Inside is a very complex circuit board. I seriously doubt unless you can find a full blown schematic you will be able to repair this. There are multiple relays, an embedded logic/timer micro, many surface mount diodes, and quite a few output transistors.
I'm obviously going to have to find a replacement.
Not sure if these are all basically the same, and I can get one from a bone yard, or if I have to buy a new one.
I have to believe that this is not a cheep item.
Hope this helps.
Regards
Delerious:)

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
http://www.toyodiy.com/ should have info, ya just need to enter your specific trucks info and look it up! looking at the part might help with figuring out how to replace it? I would think a Relay would not be that hard to replace? I know my PCV on my 93 V6 was probably harder to replace than this relay!:D
the part # mentioned earlier is in this link can be founf on 3rd pg of 8 and it's around 250.00 but not much of a picture? 82730-0C020

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=searchCatalogOEM&siteid=840 add above PN and it's like 165.00?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I nearly had to replace mine due to a leaking windshield allowing water to enter the J/B and integration relay. The dealer wanted ~$220.00 for the part and needed a day to get it. I removed it and took it apart and dried it out and re-installed it and it has been 2 months with no more problems. But anyway the dealer said it was all one assembly. Not sure if he was right. Good luck.
:yo: Thanks MNM for the heads up. I had exactly the same problem. Had a small hole in the top corner of the drivers windshield. Pulled out the Integration relay and found water sitting in a few of the connectors. I let it dry out and I am back in business. Also coated them in Dialectic grease and sealed windshield hole. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
Attached is a picture another member took. If you do a search you might find info. Sorry but I don't remember who to give credit to.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.