Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I recently backed out of my garage and hit my passenger side view mirror. The mirror is still in once piece, however the whole unit is dangling from the car's frame.

How should I go about either fixing it, or replacing it with a new unit? Is it an easy task that I can complete myself or do I need to seek professional help?

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
typically you need to remove a plastic piece or two on the inside of the door - just behind the mirror. Then you'll typically see three bolts that hold the mirror in place. Then unplug the wire harness. I replaced a mirror assembly on my Honda Accord and it cost about $170. I'll bet the Sequoia mirror is as least $300

·
Registered
3 Posts
I swaped out several on a Tundra--I think they're the same design. You have to first remove the inside door panel (which is a lot easier than you might expect). If you know what you're doing, it only takes 10 minutes.

After that, the above post is exactly right--three bolts and disconnect the wire harness.

This post was a few months ago, so I assume you've got it all figured out by now. If not, let me know.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2000 Tundra and caught a tree limb with my drivers side mirror. The main casing is fine but the mirror itself shattered and the plastic housing piece that actually holds the mirror popped out. Can it be put back in and do you know if I can replace just the mirror?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts