Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the problem I'm having... I've tested the controller and it seems to be in working order. I've tested the trailer brakes seperate from the truck using a 12v battery and the brakes seem to be working fine, lock right up. The problem is, when I attach the trailer 7 pin male to the 7 pin female on the truck I get nothing as far as brakes go. My Journey controller does not light up like it used to when I'm connected. I get brake lights, running lights and turn signals, but no E-brakes. I think the problem might be within the truck somewhere but I have no clue where to begin troubleshooting. Can anyone offer any suggestions as to what to look for?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Here's the problem I'm having... I've tested the controller and it seems to be in working order. I've tested the trailer brakes seperate from the truck using a 12v battery and the brakes seem to be working fine, lock right up. The problem is, when I attach the trailer 7 pin male to the 7 pin female on the truck I get nothing as far as brakes go. My Journey controller does not light up like it used to when I'm connected. I get brake lights, running lights and turn signals, but no E-brakes. I think the problem might be within the truck somewhere but I have no clue where to begin troubleshooting. Can anyone offer any suggestions as to what to look for?

Thanks in advance!
Do you own a test light? You need to see if you have power at the brake line terminal on the truck when you depress the brake lever.

I'm guessing you might have corrosion on the terminals; and usually it's on the trailer itself. But could be the truck as well.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you own a test light? You need to see if you have power at the brake line terminal on the truck when you depress the brake lever.

I'm guessing you might have corrosion on the terminals; and usually it's on the trailer itself. But could be the truck as well.

I do not have power at the brake terminal on my trucks 7 pin connector. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the blue wire on my controller runs to the back of my truck which is where the power for the brakes comes from. I tested the blue wire at the controller with the brakes pressed and I do have power, but not at the back of the truck. I must have a break in the line or something. I've check all the fuses in the engine compartment and they are all good. I can't figure this thing out...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts