Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of getting one. Also I am not sure whether I should get the A.R.E. LoPro instead.

And here's what's bugging me: I hear this is a quality product (anything from A.R.E.) so I'm not worried about that part.

I am worried if it's going to be a mistake having a one-piece hard tonneau cover. Sometimes I may want to put something in the back that won't fit under it, and therefore I'd need another person to help remove it, and a place to store it on sawhorses. Sheesh! This sounds like a pain.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm thinking of getting one. Also I am not sure whether I should get the A.R.E. LoPro instead.

And here's what's bugging me: I hear this is a quality product (anything from A.R.E.) so I'm not worried about that part.

I am worried if it's going to be a mistake having a one-piece hard tonneau cover. Sometimes I may want to put something in the back that won't fit under it, and therefore I'd need another person to help remove it, and a place to store it on sawhorses. Sheesh! This sounds like a pain.

Mine has been on order for 6 weeks now. :(

I have had the LSII on my 02 Tundra & 05 Titan. Both worked well.
Unless you have a pulley set up in your garage it is def a 2 person job.

·
Registered
42 Posts

After much much thought, I ended up ordering the LoPro. (over the LS2)
They are both very nice.

The LoPro had two features I liked.
When you unlock it, it just pops up about 2 inches... enough to get the tailgate down... if you want it open more just pull up.
Which for me, will be 90% of the time.

Also the LoPro has a easy off latch for removal, although I'd still think it would be a two person job.

Also here in Canada, the LS2 came with carpet, which I didn't want.
as I plan to get a spray in liner.

I personal like the flat look of the LoPro.

Good luck.

Note... I heard A.R.E are just making molds for the LoPro and LS2 now.
So thats why people don't have there covers yet.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I am a big fan of A.R.E.....I had one on my dodge ram 2500. Never had a problem, no leaks, paint match was right on etc.....

It does take some effort to get it off having to undue clamps and for sure is a two person job to lift it off and on the truck bed.

With all that being said, I just went with Bakflip. I first heard of this product from this site. After considerable research I like the fact that I dont have to take it off to have large objects in the truck bed. It is often hard to plan ahead and leave the A.R.E. in the garage. I also like the fact that the Bakflip is less expensive. I will post pictures when installed but others have it and are very happy with the purchase.

Good Luck
Cheers.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts