Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if I put a 305/55/20 Nitto Terra Grappler on a 20x9 35 offset Monster XD, will it stick out at all, maybe just a little???? I would like it to stick out a little bit. I would love to see some pics if anyone has done this! My shop is telling me it will be just like factory and won't stick out at all. They say I would need spacers. Can anyone confirm?

·
Registered
422 Posts
you're gonna love it.

Attachments

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
1" = 2.54 centimeters (25.4mm). The stock rims are 60mm offset, so if these are 35mm offset, that's 25mm more than stock, which would stick out 1" more than stock,

PLUS the extra 1" in rim size (20x9 vs stock 20x8). I would guess that you would split the rim-width difference to each side, so that means just add 1/2" to the offset. So, I would say that these would stick out 1.5" over stock.

Here's a pic of mine with stock rims, stock width tires (but 1" taller overall 275/60 vs 275/55), WITH 1.25" wheel adapters. Just note that with these Wrangler H/P's, the actual tread-contact width is slightly less than the actual side-wall width. The side-wall sticks out more, but because the tread is narrower, it tucks-in right to the edge of the wheel-well.

I doubt you would need spacers.

·
Registered
422 Posts
1" = 2.54 centimeters (25.4mm). The stock rims are 60mm offset, so if these are 35mm offset, that's 25mm more than stock, which would stick out 1" more than stock,

PLUS the extra 1" in rim size (20x9 vs stock 20x8). I would guess that you would split the rim-width difference to each side, so that means just add 1/2" to the offset. So, I would say that these would stick out 1.5" over stock.

Here's a pic of mine with stock rims, stock width tires (but 1" taller overall 275/60 vs 275/55), WITH 1.25" wheel adapters. Just note that with these Wrangler H/P's, the actual tread-contact width is slightly less than the actual side-wall width. The side-wall sticks out more, but because the tread is narrower, it tucks-in right to the edge of the wheel-well.

I doubt you would need spacers.

your math might be right, but they stick out further than that. the tires he's using are 12.5 inches wide... wider then the rim. so... they stick out further.

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
your math might be right, but they stick out further than that. the tires he's using are 12.5 inches wide... wider then the rim. so... they stick out further.
Didn't think about that.... good point. So, if the 305's are 30mm wider than stock, that adds 1.25", so split in the middle, that's an additional .625 inches out. So, added to the 1.5" extra that we figured from earlier, that means it should stick out 2.125" over stock. (In theory!!!) Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Didn't think about that.... good point. So, if the 305's are 30mm wider than stock, that adds 1.25", so split in the middle, that's an additional .625 inches out. So, added to the 1.5" extra that we figured from earlier, that means it should stick out 2.125" over stock. (In theory!!!) Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
Actually... the additional inch from the wheel is for the most part irrelevant. The width of the tire will vary SLIGHTLY based on the width of the wheel its measured on... but it's only slight. You're tires are wider than the wheel, and is centered on the wheel. The only thing wheel width will effect is the slight variance of measured tire width.

Basically, if you're stock tires are 255 (like mine were) and move to a 305, you gain 2 inches of width (1" per side) from the tire. So tire alone would put you out 1" further than stock. Then add the offset change... in this case about 30mm.. which equals 1". so you're looking at 2" out from stock... based on a 255 stocker. On a 275 stocker, you'll be out about 1.5" from stock.

there will be a slight variance to this based on the size wheel you use... but it think its somthing like 2mm for each inch of wheel width deviation from the "measured rim size" the manfacturer used... etc...

hope that helps...

·
Registered
422 Posts
lots of tech talk to say 2 inches... just look at my pics. i'll take more if you want a different angle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts